Pages

Sunday 12 July 2015

A Wet Carboot Sale

It has been raining this morning and a lot. Short heavy downpours followed by steamy humid spells of sunshine. Not the best weather to go carbooting in but we are resilient carbooters and we were at the Cheshire carboot sale for 3 hours and came home with a real mixed bag of items.

I bought two toiletry sets for my nephew and niece. They are both new and cost me £4 for the pair. The first set is a Ted Baker gift set which contains two full sized products of hair & body wash and body spray. This had the Boots £8 price tag still attached but I paid £1. The second is a very cute Soap & Glory gift set which contains 6 travel sizes and a shower puff in a darling travel bag for £3. I guess this would have cost around £15. Both of these will be put away for Christmas gifts for my lovely nephew and niece.






I also struck lucky on two other full sized tubes of Soap & Glory products. Both of these were 50p and the face soap is normally £8 (although it has been on offer at £6.40) and the Pulp Friction body scrub is also £8. Why pay £16 when I can get them both for £1?  These will also be tucked away for Christmas presents for my sister and niece. I have bought quite a few Soap & Glory items over the last few weeks so think I will stop now as I have enough to fill the bags I bought to make up my own gift sets. 


I am a sucker for a sparkly eyeshadow. I saw 4 brand new Revlon diamond lust eye shadows on one girl's stall and wanted them all but at £1 each I was struck with a mean streak and decided to buy just two. I plumped for a dark grey sparkle called Night Sky. It has multi-coloured flecks in it and will look great with a dark eyeliner and black mascara. The second one is a divine deep purple called Plum Galaxy and has flecks of pink and deep blue sparkle. These are around £3.50 - £4 on eBay so maybe I should have not been so mean with myself and bought the other two which were a chocolate shimmery shade and a twinkly silver shade. I have bouts of meanness on carboot sales over 50p or £1 which is totally irrational.



One lady was selling Institut Karite products so I bought a boxed tube of the rejuvenating hand cream for £1 and three bars of soap for £1 for all three. What a bargain! The soaps are scented Honeysuckle, Almond & Honey and Local (French) Lavender. I wish I had bought more from her at this price so hope that maybe she will be there again next week.






I bought a boxed set of three tubes of hand cream from Marks & Spencer for £1.50. These are a nice size for having in the car. I sit in traffic most days on the way to and from work so usually put on some hand cream while sitting in the traffic jam. I also bought this small travel sized gift set for 10p.



I found a Yankee Candle votive candle in White Linen & Lace scent for 30p on one stall which is a good price considering they normally cost £1.80.



I bought a new boxed set of Bohemia lead crystal glasses for £15. I have these glasses already and initially paid £55 for a boxed set of 6 red wine glasses. I had other sets bought for me as presents from family and have a full set of all styles of glasses but they do get chipped or broken so if I find them at a reasonable price I buy them to use as spares. I have previously paid £5 for a set of 5 red wine glasses and £3 for 6 white wine glasses on the Cheshire car boot sale that match my set. It is called Bolero.

Finally I bought a mixture off DVDs ranging in price from 50p for the The Great Gatsby and Toast (based on the memoirs of one of my favourite cooks - Nigel Slater, to £2 for a new sealed copy of Man of Steel. I got a boxed set of a series called Jericho for £1 and the seller threw in series 2 for free because it is missing a disc. This will last me a week. Remember Game of Thrones series 1 & 2 that I bought last Sunday. I've watched it already - it was addictive.


David bought lots of man things. A large Samsonite briefcase to store his documents in for £2 and beautiful Henri Lloyd wool coat for £6. CDs and LPs also featured as did a huge sports bag for £3.

Well that's it for this weeks carboot update. How did you do are your carboot sales?



No comments: