Pages

Monday 6 July 2015

Cheshire Carboot Sale Success

After not sleeping very well on Saturday night because of the heat, it was hard work getting out of bed early to go to the Cheshire carboot sale on Sunday morning. We were later than usual so took our breakfast "to go" for when we got there. I am so pleased that we made the effort as I found a few items that I am really pleased with.

My first few purchases were two designer bags - a Lulu Guinness tote for £2 and a fabulous Louis Vuitton Monogramm Cheche 2010 bag for £18!. It is missing the luggage tag so I knocked the lady down from £20 to £18. This is what it should look like in Blue but mine is in pink and I love it!!. I think this will now be my casual bag for weekends over the rest of the summer. It is so beautifully made with such detail on every metal trim. No wonder Louis Vuitton goods are so expensive to buy new. I am not sure whether this is fake or original but if it is a fake then it is a very well made copy. I have bought a few original designer bags on this carboot sale before now. The lady also had a gorgeous Christian Dior bag in cream for £80. She was asking a lot more for this because it was leather but just not my colour so I passed on this.









I bought series 1 and 2 of Game of Thrones for £5 (I knocked her down from £6). The second series boxed set had a £22 price ticket on it so I think this is a good buy. So far the whole Game of Thrones phenomenon has passed me by but for £5 you have to go for it. I look forward to hours of viewing and becoming hooked in the next couple of weeks.



I bought 8 Golf magazines for my dad as he is a keen golfer and has been all his life. They are July 2015 going backwards to the end of 2014 and cost 25p each so I am sure my dad will be a happy man for £2. There were lots of home magazines for sale but I resisted as I must have bought around 60 over the last few weeks and these need reading first.

I found a new and boxed bottle of Soap & Glory Glow Lotion for £1. This would have sold for around £10 so not a bad price at £1. This will go in th Christmas gift box for my niece.




I bought a Yankee Candle Sampler  in Sweet Vanilla for 20p which is great considering they usually cost £1.75 or so. My regular readers will know how much I love Yankee Candle and thatI just can't resist buying them at a good price.


My final buy was a Jamie Oliver cook book - Jamie's Food Revolution for £1. I looked through the book first, checking out the recipes and would I be likely to use them? Yes. I looked at the pictures and checked the condition of the book and was it good? Yes. When I got it home I checked how much it should have cost $35. Dollars?...it is an American version so the quantities are in cups and spring onions are called scallions etc. Schoolgirl error! I have never been a slave to recipes so actually love the fact that it is an American version and has a novelty value for me.



Finally my sister called to say she had bought me a bundle of unopened books by one of my favourite authors M.C. Beaton. Eight new books for 50p. This was from a car boot sale near where she lives in Leeds. I was delighted.


How did you do at the carboot sales this week?

No comments: