Pages

Monday 13 July 2015

Saturday at The Lowry

We are blessed to live not too far away from The Lowry. We love visiting the theatre and often spend an evening seeing shows or bands at The Lowry. It is based on Salford Quays and there is also a really good outlet shopping centre there with plenty of shops, a cinema plus bars and restaurants.





We visited on Saturday and had a packed late afternoon and evening. We went to the Marks and Spencer's store first and they had a pretty good clearance sale on. I was pleased to find this jersey dress for just £9. The length of some dresses can cause me some difficulty as I am tall so often knee length means above the knee and bordering on mini on me. This dress is just the perfect on the knee length. I love the navy pattern and think it will be great as a work outfit with a navy jacket and heels. It would equally be lovely to wear on holiday with sandals on a warm evening when going out for a meal and a few drinks. It will make a change from maxi dresses.


I also bought some dark navy pull-on jeggings for £6 which are a decent length on me. I usually buy M&S trousers in "long" but this can be a bit hit and miss with some fitting perfectly but with others being a bit too long and I end up with trousers dragging on the floor or with wrinkled ankles. These are "medium" and just sit perfectly on my ankle. I tried on some lounge pants also in "medium" length and fell about laughing in the changing room as they were half way up my calves.


My dad needed some shorts as the one's he has been wearing for the last couple of years had become too tight on him so he gave them to my nephew while we were all on holiday in Tenerife earlier this year. He was sad that they no longer fitted and I managed to find him a pair for just £6 in his size.

After some shopping we went to Cafe Rouge for a meal and to use the £20 voucher I had with Tesco clubcard vouchers. I have heard mixed reports about Cafe Rouge but whenever we have been we have had a lovely meal with efficient and friendly service. We usually keep it simple and we both ordered the steak and frites, bottle of house wine and shared the cheese plate for dessert between us both. All were excellent with the cheese plate in particular being a fabulous dish served with candied figs and celery sticks.



We then went to the theatre to watch Wicked. What a great show this is with drama, romance, comedy and friendship running through it. It was fantastic to watch with wonderful costumes, great acting and brilliant songs. I would recommend anyone to see this as it appeals to all ages and the children in the theatre looked mesmerised.









It was gone 11pm when we got home so it was straight to bed as we knew we would have an early start in the morning for our favourite carboot sale in Cheshire.

What shows have you enjoyed seeing?

No comments: