Pages

Sunday 26 April 2015

A Sunny Carboot Sale

The weather has been so beautiful this week that I hoped it would last until the weekend so that we would have a good day today for carbooting. Luckily the weather has been fantastic this morning so we headed to our favourite car boot sale in Cheshire. Sadly the weather forecast all week has been for rain for today so there were not as many stalls as we would have liked.

Even so we came back with full bags of bargains for ourselves and our family. My first purchase was a huge box of sample tubes of Oral B toothpaste. There are 50 tubes in the box and they cost £4 which is less than 10p a tube. These are great for holidays and weekends away and we always have two tubes in our overnight bags. My Dad was asking for some when he saw we had them when we were all in Tenerife so I will give him some for taking away on his holidays.




I bought 6 tubes of Phil Smith shampoo and conditioner. These cost 50p each and I gather usually cost £3.50 in Sainsburys. My sister is a brunette so two tubes are for her and two for me as I have blonde hair. The other two are for added shine which I need as my hair looks a little dull at present.





I found this lovely Soap & Glory toiletry bag which is huge and is new and unused. This cost the grand total of 20p and I will be filling this with the Soap & Glory toiletries that I usually buy throughout the year. I have already made a head start and bought some already. By the time Christmas comes I will have filled this for a bargain price and will give this to my sister. I bought the very same style of bag last year and gave it to my niece (filled by myself) for Christmas. My sister loved the style so I am sure will be delighted with this one.






I bought 6 pairs of Pretty Polly ankle socks for my niece. They are Hello Kitty ones and even though she is eighteen I know she will love these. They cost £2 for all six pairs and there are 4 different designs.




I bought three fairly recently released DVDs at 50p each. I have watched the Woman in Black film already and thought it was brilliant. It scared me so much the hairs stood up on my arms and nothing beats being a little bit scared for the thrill. I also bought the entire Inspector Morse boxed set with all 33 feature length episodes on it for £8. I have some of the boxed set episodes already but am missing many of them so thought that I would get this at £8 as they cost around £35 on eBay.






I found a bottle of Boots No7 skin toner for £1 and this was good timing as I am just coming to the end of my current bottle. This normally costs £9.50 so I was pleased to find it.



I also bought a great pair of Marks & Spencer shorts for my Dad for 50p and a blue knitted cotton tank top also for 50p from the same family. David bought some lovely suede Marks & Spencer slippers from the same stall for £1. They were fairly new and still had the labels on. He is wearing them now!

Lastly I bought 4 slate coasters for £1 and some kitchen tongs for 20p from one couple who had clearly been sorting out their kitchen as their whole stall was full of kitchenware.

We are away for the weekend next weekend as it is the bank holiday. We are going to North Wales and already have planned to visit two different Carboot sales on the Saturday and Sunday. I'll tell you all about it next week. 

No comments: