Pages

Saturday 18 April 2015

Holiday in Adeje

Hello again and sorry that I have not posted for over a week. This is because I have been on holiday to Adeje, Tenerife with extended family and a very extended family it was - 14 of us in total. Some family were there for two weeks while others like myself, partner David and my Dad, just a week. 

We had a brilliant holiday staying at The Sunset Bay Club which is ideally located for all the shops, restaurants and bars. The Club itself was just lovely with two swimming pools one of which was heated with an outdoor heated jacuzzi. We had a two bedroomed apartment which had two single beds in one room and a double in another. We shared the apartment with my Dad and nephew. There was a great fitted kitchen and open plan lounge and dining area. The patio we had was huge with large table, chairs, sun loungers and umbrella.




 My sister has already booked for the same two weeks next year and I think we will be joining her and her family again but this time we will go for longer than a week as we enjoyed ourselves so much. We spent a few days by the pool, wandering around the resort down to the harbour and past the beach.







We went to Los Gigantes one day and chartered a yacht to go dolphin and whale watching. We saw several pods of them and it was just fantastic seeing these creatures in their natural habitat rather than captive. We went swimming in the sea just below the soaring cliffs afterwards and then had a few tapas and drinks afterwards on the way back to the harbour. It was a long but great day and some were nodding off on the way back to Adeje.  




We had some great nights out with some lovely food at different restaurants in the town. Many had live bands playing so we enjoyed the different types of music that they were playing while having a few drinks some evenings. 

I feel so much more relaxed after a week in the sun after such a busy time over the last few weeks at work. I really need to have a break every now and then to recharge my batteries and afterwards I find that I have renewed zest for my life back home.

What is great today is that we got home Friday evening and I now have the weekend to catch up. David works on a Saturday so he is at work today which means I have the day to myself... Bliss. The sun is shining, the washing is on the line and I have tomorrow to go to the Cheshire car boot sale too. 

No comments: