Pages

Sunday 19 April 2015

Cheshire Carboot Sale

After returning from our sneaky week holiday to Adeje on Friday I spent most of yesterday catching up with chores, emptying my suitcase and washing holiday clothes. The weather was so sunny yesterday that it still felt like I was still away apart from the temperature being a lot colder.

Well today we were pleased that the weather stayed dry again so that we could go to the Cheshire car boot sale and that there would be a reasonable turnout. We thought we had not bought that much when we were there, but when we got home and unloaded all the bags we realised we had bought more than we thought.

I found these gorgeous leather plate chargers for £2.50 for eight of them. They are a very large size which is perfect for my large white dinner plates. I think they will make a lovely change from having rectangular placemats of the table and I like the fact that they are a lovely shade of chestnut brown.




I bought numerous books and DVDs at 50p each. Two hardback Kirstie Allsopp books - Kirstie's Homemade Home and Craft. I loved watching both of the series on TV so thought these would be great to have a flick through or good read of when I have some spare time. From the same stall holders I bought a Travel Journal and photo album. Both of these had come from Paperchase and are new with £5.75 and £7.50 price tickets on them. I am going to arrange getting some of our holiday photos printed aand put them in the photo album as a gift for my Dad. The travel journal is a new one for me but I have always hankered to write about my holidays while I am away rather than after the event so I think this darling little book will be travelling some miles with me later this year when we have a couple more holidays. 







I found a very handsome empty bottle of Hennessy Paradis rare cognac. This cognac sells at around £500 so I thought 98p for the empty bottle was good. I will decant our much cheaper bottles of brandy into this bottle and use it as a decanter. It has the most lovely metal engraved top. I wouldn't lie to guests so that they thought I was giving them the Paradis cognac, I would tell them it was Remy Martin or Courvoisier or whatever is in the bottle, but I just think the bottle just looks so good.




I bought some cute glass olive cocktail picks that are new and originally come from The Pier. I used to love this shop but it has been a victim of the recession and all it's stores closed. I miss them so was happy to find these cuties. They have the original price of £3.95 on the box but cost me 50p along with this lovely smelling candle which was also 50p from the same stall.





A couple of other bits and pieces that I bought were two Marks & Spencer skirts for my sister for on her holidays for 50p each and the Nivea gift set for £1.50. The Jamie Oliver Recipe tin is new and complete and also cost 50p. Also, a selection of 8 magazines for 20p each.





Finally I bought a Jameson Irish Whiskey set for my brother in law for Christmas (yes I do buy Christmas gifts this early and throughout the year) this consists of 6 hot toddy glasses and a tin of hot toddy mulling spices which are contained in teabag type bags. The set was £8 and again is new and all boxed up.

David bought some navy deck shoes at £2, CDs at 50p and an inspection lamp for £1 so it was fairly slim pickings for him this week.

Well why would you buy full price items when you can buy things so cheaply on carboot sale? Tell me about you car boot bargains as I would love to hear about them.

No comments: