Pages

Monday 3 November 2014

Postcards from Mijas, Andalusia

As the weather starts to become colder and the nights darker I have spent some time reflecting on my sunny summer holidays. I posted details of my holiday to Kalkan in October and thought it would be lovely to share some of my holiday snaps from my family holiday to Spain in August. My sister and her family and some of her friends were staying in Mijas for two weeks and I joined them on my own for a week. David could not get the time off work so I went alone and what a wonderful time I had.

We stayed at the Los Amigos Beach Club which my sister had booked through Diamond Resorts and I shared an apartment with my niece although we had three apartments between us all and when we were all at the apartments we tended to all gravitate to my sisters apartment as this was the largest with a huge balcony overlooking the pool and with enough seats and tables for us all.




The beach club was great with loads to do, two fantastic pool areas, an indoor pool with jacuzzi and steam room and sauna, lovely gardens, tennis courts etc. It was a five minute walk to the beach which was shingle and sand and had a great little beach bar where we bought buckets of bottles of beer for a lunch time cool down.


My sister hired a car and some of us went to Gibraltar for the day. I loved " Gib" and as soon as we got through the border we hired a tour guide and minibus and spent all morning until late lunch on a trip to the top of the Rock, into the caves and with the monkeys.





There were trips to Fuengirola and Benalmadena for the day where we found antique markets to wander round and long beach promenades to walk along. Evenings were spent at the row of restaurants just next to the beach club where there was an international collection to choose from. We ate Mexican, Indian, Chinese, Thai and Italian. Spanish food was provided at the beach bar at lunch times were we had fresh sardines and spicy sausage cooked on the barbecue to order.

The weather was just perfect and I loved every minute of my stay apart from missing David and wishing he was with me to join in the fun. It had been over thirty years since I had last visited Spain and after this visit I will certainly visit again. It was so relaxing, the people were lovely and I thought it was great value for money considering the cost of food and drink there.

If my sister books again in the next year or so I would like to go with her. I have so far been a little shy in using my photo in my blog so here is the great unveiling and a photo of me and my sister which I love. This was taken at the beach club en route to the pool. I am wearing the pink patterned kaftan.


No comments: