Pages

Wednesday 19 November 2014

Luxury Christmas at Low Cost

Believe it or not I am pretty much set for Christmas, Boxing Day and New Year. All my presents have been bought and I do not even have to go out and buy wrapping paper, ribbon or crackers. It is not my intention to sound smug, I just love Christmas so I love to get organised for it in advance plus I love to save money and find that I save a lot by doing it this way.

Most of the food has been bought and stored in the freezer or pantry and any fresh food such as fruit, vegetables, bread and cream etc will be free courtesy of my Nectar card. I have over £75 on it at present as I have saved up all the points on it over a year. I have already posted about loyalty cards and making the most out of them here and am a great believer in doing a bit of research and working out how to get the most points on cards and what are the best ways to spend your points.



The wrapping paper, Christmas cards, ribbons, bows and gift tags were bought in the January sales or car boot sales or at shopping outlets. Boots are great for their 75% off sale towards the end of the January sales. They do not advertise when the day will be when they reduce down from 50% to 75% off but if you strike lucky on the day there are some bargains to be had.




On the wrapping paper front I often buy Christmas wrapping paper that is plain silver or gold so this can then be used to wrap birthday presents throughout the year and which costs a fraction of the cost of birthday wrapping paper.

I have shown you a number of presents that I have bought at car boot sales throughout the year,in previous posts. I have stored these is large storage bags in our garage and I start to get them out at this time of year to wrap them up and spread the task over a few weeks. I often find things that I have forgotten I had bought and take some delight in finding them.








On the run up to Christmas I will post details of my Christmas preparations and the bargains that I have bought over the last year and hopefully give you some inspiration on how to prepare for next year and make some great savings along the way.

No comments: