Pages

Saturday 3 December 2016

My Week

I had not too bad a week the other week. We went to the Lowry on Thursday evening where they had a Victorian Christmas Market event on. It was outside in the square between the shopping centre and the theatre and it was lovely. There were plenty of artisan stalls selling the most delicious home made cakes, fudges, pies and Christmas tree decorations etc. There were hot food stalls and those selling mulled wine and Prosecco. We wandered around enjoying the ambience and glad we had worn our thick winter coats as it was decidedly chilly.



We walked over to Media City for a meal at CAU. What a great place, with a bustling atmosphere, attentive staff and delicious food at a very reasonable price. The drinks were pretty good too, and as David was driving I had two delicious G&Ts complete with pink grapefruit and juniper berries.


It was then time to go over to the Lowry theatre to see the Peony Pavillion performance by the National Ballet of China. How how beautiful and graceful the dancers were. I loved their elegance and with a cast of 70 it was a spectacular sight. Of course David nodded off (he attended under some sufferance - not his thing really). The story is 16th century and along the lines of Romeo & Juliet. It was beautiful with gorgeous costumes and abstract scenery.





Saturday saw the arrival of my sister and family plus my Dad for an early birthday meal for me as I will be away for my birthday in New York. My sister bought me some lovely gifts. A bottle of Tattinger champagne which is my favourite. A gift card for Marks & Spencers (where else!!) some scented candles and cookery books. I am a lucky girl.

Best of all was a bag full of 12 pairs of knickers from M&S. She had bought them at the very end of the sale and they had all been reduced from £6 a pair to 39p!! Apart from one fancy pair reduced from £8 to 79p. If they had been bought at full price then they would have cost £74 although they all had 3 for 2 stickers on them, so they would have cost £50. Karen had paid just £5.08 - she is an admirable adversary to me on the bargain hunting front. You can certainly tell we are cut from the same cloth. She said she found the reduced section in the lingerie department and selected a couple of pairs for herself, some for her daughter and for me and then had a re-think and bought all of the knickers in our sizes. Why would you not at 39p a pair.








No comments: