Pages

Sunday 27 November 2016

School Table Top Sale

The local girls grammar school has a couple of table top sales every year. They always have one towards Christmas and we were waiting for the advert to appear in the local paper. Today was the day and we welcomed the 9am start instead of going out at silly o'clock to go to the Carboot sales.

I think that I did fairly well but poor David managed to come home with just light bulbs for our outside lights at £1.

I bought a couple of items for my sister. I bought this authentic murano glass Pandora charm which came with box and bag for £5. I don't know much about Pandora to be honest but I know my sister loves their bracelets and has bought quite a few charms when we have been out shopping together so I am sure she will appreciate this gift. I found an identical one for sale on eBay at £29.95 so I guess £5 is a good price.


I also bought her some soft bronze coloured sandals from Earth Spirit for £1. These have been worn once and the lady said they were too big for her but I think they will be just the right size for my sister. These are usually £23 - £30 to buy new.  I know these aren't the most elegant sandals but as you get older you go for comfort and "going for walks" so these are perfect.


I bought two Louis Vuitton style hand bags. One is an across the body style in the classic LV material and this cost £4. It has a really long strap on it so it fits comfortable across my body. This cost £4.



The other is my favourite and is in a lilac and purple canvas with white leather handles and trim. It has a matching cotton scarf and came with its dust bag. This will be great for on a sunny holiday or even for our British summer and cost just £3.



I also bought a Hugo Boss canvas beach bag and towel - both new and sealed for £3.50. Handy for a day by the pool or beach.


I love this cream Rocha John Rocha ceramic candle holder which was £2. Great for on my window ledge with a scented candle flickering through the lacy edging. It is a decent size too (I placed it next to a full sized bottle of fizz to show the size)




I got four home magazines for 25p each. They are all dated last year but for £1 this is a great price for flicking through and getting ideas from.


I found a few cosmetic items. Two Boots No7 eyeshadows in Truffle and Antique Rose. The Antique Rose is my all time favourite and is a discontinued shade so I keep on the look out for it whenever we are carbooting. These were both 25p each.


I found a Clinique chubby stick in a very wearable shade of Super Stawberry. This was priced at £1.50 which is a little more than I would normally pay (I bought three for 50p the other week) but as they normally cost £17.50 I'm not complaining.




Two Yves Rocher Aragon oil moisturiser for hair and body for 50p each.



Series 1 & 2 of Rome for £4.50 and another DVD for 75p.




Not a bad haul for an hour's work and back home in time for a coffee and cooked English breakfast of  sausages, bacon, egg and mushrooms. Naughty but nice!

No comments: