Pages

Sunday 13 November 2016

Carboot & Tabletop Sale Haul

We were up with the larks and visited the Cheshire Carboot sale early, then onto the Farmers Market, followed by a weekly food shop at Booths Supermarket in Hale Barns, off to a nearby village hall table top sale and home for 11.30am.

Here are my bargains (minus the food shop in Booths)

A DKNY handbag for £5. I bought this from the same lady I bought the Clinique chubby sticks from last week. We've become quite chatty recently as I have bought something from her each week over the last few weeks,


A cute satin ribbon evening bag which can be used with or without the chain strap. I love the diamanté clasp on it. This was just £1 and is unused.


Three full sized bottles of Elizabeth Arden Visible Difference Gentle Hydrating Toner for £12 in total, so £4 a bottle. I knocked her down from her £15 price to £12. She said they were originally £26 each new which I doubted but I've looked on eBay and they are selling around £17 - £19 each so I think I've done well at £4 a piece. I go through loads of toner, and wondered whether everyone else does or is it just me?


Two Boots No.7 eye shadows in one of my favourite colours of Mink. These are both new and just 50p each. They are normally £7 each although Boots currently have a 3 for 2 offer on so they would be £4.66 each.


I also bought a used Bobbi Brown shimmerbrick in Nude from the same lady for 50p. Now buying used makeup is not normally something I would do at all but I have always wanted one of these but have been unwilling to pay £34. I think I will take a flat knife and take off the top layer to leave a fresh surface for me to use. It has not been used that much and is in good condition so I think it was worth a chance at just 50p.



A box of 6 Prices tealights in Cinnamon Stick - perfect for this time of year - these cost 50p.


Two cute hand warmers for taking to New York for just £1.


A cute candy cane bauble containing a pot of spiced apple body butter for £1. A great stocking filler for my niece.



Eight Weightwatchers magazines for 50p for all of them.


Following the Weightwatchers theme £3 worth of chocolate!! I have a sneaky piece or two every other evening.


A Patricia Cornwell hardback book for 50p.



Four pairs of new M&S briefs priced at £6 for £2 a pair. I have the matching bra so I now have a matching set with spare knicks - brilliant (sorry but I'm not posting pictures of my knickers.....!)  Four DVDs for 50p and I am so pleased that one of them is the boxed set of Brideshead Revisted.


A lovely glass dome for placing over cake or cheese but which I will be using at Christmas to make a table centre piece. This cost £2.50 and is a decent size. I think I will put some baubles or similar on a plate with some twinkly lights and pop the dome over it.


I also bought a couple of random 50p items. A Veuve Cliquot champagne bottle cover (hidden by         David so no photo) and a Harrods key ring of a white Scottie dog (that needs sponging clean)


Not a bad haul in total.

No comments: