Pages

Saturday 26 November 2016

Marks & Sparks Bargains

I was on a training course a week ago on the other side of Manchester and had to drive past the Lowry shopping Centre to get there and back. Of course I could not resist popping in on my way home on the Thursday as it was late night opening. I only called into the Marks & Spencer store to have a look in the clearance section to buy some trousers for work. I  already have a couple of pairs of black ones and some grey ones that are now three years old and starting to look a bit shabby. They sometimes have the plus sizes in the clearance section which normally you can only buy on line.

Sure enough they had three pairs all in different styles and after trying them all on I chose the straight leg style in long length. They were priced at £6. 


I found a swimsuit in a jazzy pattern that I did not need but I love the quality and styling of M&S swimwear. I have never been able to find better quality elsewhere. This was priced at £14. 


I fell in love with gorgeous damson devore kimono top with heavy fringing for my niece for Christmas. I tried it on myself and was tempted to keep it but I think she will love this and at £14 I thought this was also a good buy.


I then found two adorable red felt Christmas cushions with applique reindeer on them with holly leaves and berries. They had beading on them and white blanket stitching around the edge. I loved the chunky button fastening on the back. I fell in love them and wished there were more. Bending down to get them off the bottom shelf I spotted two more that had fallen down the back of shelves - woohoo!! These were priced at just £5 each and currently there are similar on line for between £19.50 - £35.00. Two each will be going on my settees - two on each settee in the next week or so.




When I got to the till, the assistant told me that the swimsuit had been reduced even lower to £6 (result!!) and that the trousers were on offer at two pairs for £7.50.

I did a u-turn and found a pair of wide leg jersey trousers for wearing at home (a true sign of getting older - when you buy clothes that are comfy for wearing around the house) which were priced up at £5 but cost me just £1.50.

Another great shopping trip at M&S. 

No comments: