Pages

Wednesday 9 November 2016

Welsh Mini Carboot Sale

When we stay in Porthmadog we usually visit the mini carboot sale which is held at a nearby sports field. It was the last one of the season 10 days or so ago when we were there, so there were not many stalls even though it was dry & fairly warm weather and lighter now that the hour had gone back.

There were mainly traders but I did manage to get a few bargains.

I bought this new and unused Soap & Glory vanity case/bag for £1. Similar sized ones are quite pricey (£17.50) so I'm pleased with this. I'll pop some Soap & Glory products inside and give it as a gift to my sister or niece at some point. From the same lady I bought a full sized pump action Soap & Glory body lotion for 50p. These are currently £10 in Boots.




I bought a small (30ml) bottle of Hugo Boss Orange Eau de Toilette which was partially used for just 50p. It's a nice handbag size so I reckon I'll use this for when I'm in the office and then I can refresh it during the day. It should last a couple of weeks, so 50p is a great price.



I bought a couple of magazines for 10p each. I love it when I get the magazines home and start to look through them and find that there are free samples still attached inside. Sometimes I use them if I really want to try the product more often than not I save them. When I have around 45 to 50 of them I sell them on eBay. I've only done this a couple of times but they have always sold within a day or two. Not a huge amount of money made but enough for a lovely bottle of wine! 



I bought a white lace effect t shirt top for 50p. This is in the washing pile so sorry no photos.

My final buy was the boxed set of The Comic Strip presents containing all 39 episodes for £1.50.


Not a huge haul as there were only a few stalls and most of these were traders. I always find it very interesting to see the different items that are for sale at carboot sales across the country. There were a few women traders selling just balls of wool and home made knitted items, and they were sitting in their cars knitting away waiting for buyers. I've only ever seen this in Wales. It is also interesting the prices that people want depending on where the carboot sale is too. One lady wanted £5 for some New Look flip flops that I would have paid 50p-£1 for at the Cheshire car boot sale. Clearly I was not paying £5, and the whole time we were there I did not see her sell one thing.

So not much of a haul but enough to feed my carboot habit. 


No comments: