Pages

Saturday 5 November 2016

Little Highlights of my Week

It does not take much to make me feel happy and content. This week has been a week of little highlights that have made me feel so happy. So what are these highlights?

On Tuesday I visited the Trafford Centre to get my nails manicured with a gel manicure at nails inc. in Selfridges. I love visiting this store as I always get a great manicure and Holly who has done my nails the last few times is such a lovely girl who is great to chat to. I plumped for a dark plum colour similar to my favourite Victoria shade. Holly added a little bit of bling with a silver glitter top coat to my ring finger on both hands. As this has been added on top of the gel and is just a varnish I can always take this off with some varnish remover and have just plain glossy nails if I want. The manicure lasts a good three weeks.



I really like nails inc nail varnishes and have far too many but earlier this year I had a clearout and have been selling some on eBay. Mainly the colours that I have not used and have come as part of a gift set. Two of my favourite colours are a dark red called Tate and the dark burgundy colour called Victoria. They cost £11 each so a highlight of the week was seeing these two colours as freebies attached to Glamour magazine which costs just £2. I bought two copies to get my favourites. The magazine is not overly my choice but is worth a flick through.






I woke early on Thursday to find an email from Film First (you must must join this website) offering free tickets to see The Wind in the Willows at the Lowry Theatre. I quickly bagged two tickets for myself and David for that evening. We had great seats in the stalls and I later found the tickets to be worth £83! (£41.50 each) Woohoo!!






What a fabulous and excellent show it was. West End standards with the most brilliant of sets (Olivier Award winning) and the most wonderful costumes. The cast gave a heart warming performance with great song and dance numbers. We could not stop talking about it on the way home.

It was the next evening that I finally picked up the weekends magazine that came free with our Sunday newspaper to find an article all about it inside. The article was glowing. If you get chance to see it as it tours the UK I would really recommend it.








Before we visited the theatre, we called into the nearby Pizza Express and using a voucher that I had been sent from their website we managed to get 20% off our meal (excluding drinks) so that was a bonus too. With drinks, car parking etc our night out cost us £50 instead of £139. I think £50 is a great price for a two course meal with wine and a night at the theatre. £139 would have been a bit steep though.

I had a great week with these little highlights making me very happy. What makes your week?

No comments: