Pages

Tuesday 14 June 2016

M&S Foodie Haul

Oh how I love Marks & Spencers food. I love the convenience, the variety, the quality and most of all how they reduce it to cheap prices. I love getting high quality at low prices. 

I called into the new M&S Food Hall on the way home from work as I needed some bread and vegetables. The new store is great as parking is free and I can normally park right next to the entrance. My work colleague Amy always laughs that I must book a parking space in advance at most  places because I usually get a jammy parking spot right next to the door. Today was no different. 

I came out over £65 lighter. Now that was expensive bread and veg. What I actually bought was lots of meat because they were just reducing it as I arrived. Everything is tucked away in my freezer and ready for some scrummy meals. Here is what I bought:

Three packs of two pork steaks which should have been £3.50 a pack - I paid £1. Four packs of two pork burgers at £1.35 a pack. David loves burgers - any kind of meat. I'm not sure how much these had originally cost but they had been reduced twice to £1.35. I guess around the £2.50 - £3 mark.


Two packs of BBQ piri chicken pieces at £1 a pack and one pack of lightly dusted plaice fillets. The plaice is another of David favourites and he will be having one of these for his evening meal tonight. These were £1.20 for two fillets. These should have been £10 for the 3 packs on offer so £3.20 for them is a good saving. A pack of lamb steaks with a honeyed parsnip topping for £1.75. Again I don't know how much these should have cost but this is a cheap evening meal for us with some vegetables and new potatoes.


Two packs of honey mustard chicken fillets at £1.20 a pack. I often cook these to put into a pasta dish or leave them to go cold to then put into a salad for a light lunch at work. These were in the 3 for £10 deal too. A beautiful stuffed loin of lamb for £3.20 and a pack of peppery sausages for 85p. I adore peppery sausages and usually buy Cumberland because they have the right amount of peppery heat. I hope these are going to be similar.


Two packs of 2 smoked haddock fish cakes with cheddar cheese filling. These should have been around £3.50 a pack so £1.20 is a great price. These will be lovely with fluffy homemade mash and peas.  Four ready stuffed jacket spuds for £2.10. I love these as they are quick and easy on a week night. Jacket potatoes from fresh are nicer but take an hour to cook so these are simples at 20 minutes. I also bought a pack of fresh bernaise sauce (again one of David's favourites with steak) for 25p. I also bought some fabulous fancy salmon fish cakes but forgot to take a photo (doh!)



For work lunches this week I bought the following items: a lovely crayfish salad for £1.80 which I'll eat tomorrow which should have cost £3.50. Two Pina Colada yogurts at 35p each - scrummy pineapple & coconut. These are usually around 80p each. A Greek salad for £1.15 instead of £2.50. A large fresh fruit salad for £1.20 instead of £2.50 and a pack of white grapes for 60p.



I bought 6 bottles of wine which were all on offer themselves £12 down to £8) and then added the "buy 6 save 25%" offer on top and then at the till I used a £5 off coupon. I was then given another £5 off coupon for my next shop. I used my Sparks card for further offers. I got a free copy of Hello magazine last week by using it.

So that's pretty much our meat for the next couple of weeks at a bargain price. 

No comments: