Pages

Sunday 12 June 2016

Table Top Sale

As it has been raining most of the weekend, we decided to give the Cheshire carboot sale a miss today and instead go to the local Grammar School where they were holding a table top sale. We have visited these before and done quite well but found there were just some slim pickings today.

Even though I did not buy much I am still happy with my finds. The first items I bought were 9 bottles of The White Company Flowers toiletries. These are large travel sizes and I bought a mixture of shampoo, conditioner and hand & body lotion. These cost just 50p each and are a decent 100ml size. The products are £14 for a standard 250ml so I think I got a bargain at 50p a pop.  The lady who sold them had just returned from a cruise on the Oriana and had these complimentary toiletries in her bathroom.





I also bought this Wild Fig gift set from Arran Aromatics. It contains a full size hand wash, hand cream, massage soap bar and flannel. This cost just £2 and similar currently sells for over £30.




I used to have loads of these Tesco Cath Kidston shopping bags in all different patterns but over the years I've given them away to family - usually as a gift bag with birthday or Christmas presents inside. They cost £3.50 each when new so I was pleased to find this new candy stripe version for just £1. They are light and cheerful enough to pop in your suitcase for sightseeing trips and taking down to the beach or pool.




I bought 8 magazines for £2 from another lady who had some fabulous homeware items but they were the kind of things that look great but you don't know where to put them in your own home. I decided that I'd just stick with the magazines.


Finally I bought some DVDs at 50p each. The boxed set of series 1&2 of Extras was £2. When I got it home I found there were some extras in one of the boxes with two additional discs - series 2 of Phoenix Nights (result!) and a W C Fields Film (not a result!)



I have not been posting as much as I would have liked over the last week or so and this has been due to a lack of time on my part. I have been having a major clear out and listing my clothes on eBay. This is taking some considerable time as I am embarrassed at the amount I have. I am trying to list items every day and the dining room is looking a mess with all the clothes in piles either waiting to be ironed, listed or posted out. I think it is going to take some time so I'll just have to find the time to post too.

How did you do at the carboot sales?

No comments: