Pages

Sunday 19 June 2016

Carbooting Today

After missing the Cheshire carboot sale last week due to rain, we were pleased that it was a dry day today and arrived early at just gone 7.15am. My first buy was this Leighton Denny nail set which is nearly complete but not quite. It is missing the nail file but I did not mind as £5 is a snip considering the polishes normally cost £11 each.




I also bought this darling Harrods small tote which is great for carrying a packed lunch to work. I think it is so cute and looks like something mini mouse would carry. It has the sweetest little pocket inside.




I found this lovely Maristota red dress which is new with tags and this cost me £5. It is a little tight for me so I think I can either leave it in my wardrobe as a motivational dress for losing weight (but will that really happen?) or I may have to sell it on eBay. I cleared out my whole wardrobe and clothing storage bags under our bed yesterday and have 100s of items to sell so I may throw this in with the rest of them.



I bought 8 magazines which were 50p each which is a little more than I would normally pay but they are nearly all Vogue magazines and are from this year and last year. I rarely buy new magazines now a days unless they have a freebie with them or are on offer or I have a money-off voucher. 


I love this soft vintage mohair and wool scarf in a creamy ivory colour. It is made in Scotland by a company called Yarrowvale. It is quite wide compared to other scarves in this style and it is so soft. This cost just £1.


I bought a couple of box set DVDs for my brother-in-law (Bear Grylls - £4) and nephew (Keith Lemon - 50p). I will put these away for them for Christmas.


I also bought quite a few DVDs for myself. The box sets were £1.50 and £1 and the single ones ranged in price from 20p to 50p.




My final purchase was this River Cottage cookbook for £2. This is new and never been used. It has some lovely recipes in it which should add some variety to the meals that I have recently been serving. 



Not an enormous haul today as the carboot sale was fairly small and it was not of the standard that we normally find. I think it may be due to it being Father's Day? A lot of the stalls were selling tatty items or tons of children's toys and clothes which just doesn't interest me.

We are away for the weekend next weekend so we will miss the Cheshire Carboot sale again but I am sure we will find something else to visit instead in North Wales.

How did you do with your carboot sale finds?

No comments: