Pages

Sunday 2 August 2015

More Carboot Bargains

I am weary and my feet hurt. We spent 4 1/2 hours at the Cheshire Carboot sale this morning and did not get home until 1pm after arriving there at 7.40am. We look at as being our exercise for the day; walking, bending down to look at items on the floor; stretching to reach items at the back of stalls and lifting weights which is carrying all the items we have bought. 

I have a peculiar selection of items today. I bought 3 brand new Jamie Oliver cookbooks for £2.50 for the three. They are The Naked Chef, The Return of the Naked Chef and Happy Days with the Naked Chef. Each one is priced at £15.99 each. They are softback rather than hardback books but are the size of a hardback book. I will keep these to hand in the kitchen and work my way through some of the recipes.



I was running out of facial serum and was delighted to find one lady who was selling Roc and Aveeno products at very cheap prices. She had new and boxed bottles of wrinkle correction serum for £1 so I stocked up and bought 5 bottles which hopefully will keep me going to the end of the year as I use around about a bottle a month. I have seen these for sale on eBay for £5 plus around £3 p&p so I am happy at £1 each.



I cleared one lady of all her travel sized tubes of  Corsodyl toothpaste (20ml) at 10p each. I bought 24 tubes as I use this toothpaste everyday and it can be quite expensive so I can use these on holidays and weekends away as everyday use. I also found two tubes of L'Occitane hand cream for 50p each. They are not massive tubes, just 15ml each but I love L'Occitane products and these were different scents - cherry blossom and honey & lemon.




I paid £3 for this fantastic Wella gift set which is priced at £14.99. It contains a bottle of enriching shampoo, jar of enriching conditioner and leave-in serum to use before blow drying.


I bought quite a few DVDs as they were so cheap that I could not resist. I bought the boxed set (in immaculate condition) of Agatha Christie's Hercule Poirot. All 11 series containing 61 episodes for £2. We always say "ask the price" because we have assumed before now that something will be expensive and then someone else asks and you realise it is ridiculously cheap and you have missed out. I walked passed this and thought it would be around £15 but then went back and asked and when I found it was £2 I just had to have it.



I also bought the boxed set of Life on Mars Series 1 and the boxed set of Phoenix Nights starring Peter Kay both of which cost 50p each. I also bought the boxed set of series 1 of Homeland for 33p. It was part of a 3 DVDs for £1 deal. I bought the boxed sets of Primeval 1 and 2 for 50p each and a few other DVDs at either 33p or 50p each.







I bought 14 Dr Who DVDs for £4 from one man who was selling everything off towards the end of the Carboot sale for 50p. Each DVD contains about three episodes so this should keep me out of mischief for a while. He reduced the price of the DVDs from 50p each to 3 for £1 and then said take all 14 for £4.



From the same guy I bought this new and boxed candle holder. It stands tall at 35cm and I think will be great at Christmas with a plain white candle in it. For 50p it was a bargain. He said that whatever he did not sell was going to the tip so we had a bit more of a look around his stall and spotted an Axio backpack which was also 50p. It has been gently used with no scuffs or tears and he told us it had cost him £140. We looked on eBay and found a similar smaller one for sale at £99 so 50p is unbelievable.



I found this cute Harrods Christmas decoration which was new with labels for 50p and a lovely black necklace for £1.



I also bought this new jar of Williamson Tea in green tea blend for £2. This should have cost £9.50 and is best before 31.12.2017 so 18 months away. I love these elephant caddies and already have one that I bought at the Cheshire Carboot sale last year. I may build up a collection of these for inside my pantry as I love to open the door and look at neatly lined up storage jars or tins.


Finally I bought three magazines for £1. These are two copies of Cheshire Life - June and July 2015 and House Beautiful - July 2015.


David bought a Panasonic video recorder for £5 as we still use videos and I had read an article last week that they will go the same way as record players and vinyl and become more expensive. I had a look on eBay and sure enough they are selling for £25 upwards. This came without a remote control but we have lots of Panasonic remote controllers as we have lots of Panasonic items. The remote controllers all work with any Panasonic item as we found out early days so we usually just buy Panasonic. He also bought some vinyl and plenty of CDs.

What bargains did you find this week?

No comments: