Pages

Sunday 9 August 2015

Car Boot Finds

When I was driving home from the car boot sale today I felt that I had not bought much and that it had not been a good day for finding bargains. It was only when I was unpacking bag after bag when I got home that I realised that I had found quite a few good items today.

Soap & Glory? I said I was not buying any more until I found this £18 gift set for £5 and then these two full sized products of "clean on me" shower gel and "glow lotion" body lotion for 50p each and then this travel sized shower gel for 10p. Clearly I failed on not buying any more.






I bought two new tubes of Donna Karan Cashmere Mist shower gel and body lotion from the same guy for 50p each - great for taking on holiday as they just last 2 weeks exactly. The guy threw in 7 sample sachets of L'Occitane products for free. They are hair masks, hair conditioner, body lotion and face cream.





The lady who I bought the Roc face serum was on again this week so I bought this bottle of Roc skin toner from her for £1. It is priced up as £12.50. I also found some Aromatherapy Associates anti-ageing instant skin firming serum for £2. I ummed and ahhed about this as I bought 5 bottles of serum last week. I'm glad I bought it as it is normally £46!





I also bought lots of items for 10p each from one lady. Clinique DDM face cream, two OPI nail varnishes for my niece. 10 aftershave and perfume samples which have a spray pump on them. These are great for taking away when we go on holiday as they keep the weight down in your luggage rather than taking a large size bottle of perfume or aftershave. I also bought a box of 24 sample sized perfumes from one lady for £1. I will take some of these on holiday with me later this year.








I bought this gorgeous Tom Ford eye shadow quad for £3. It has been lightly used and I normally only buy new and unused but these usually sell for £64 when new so I could not resist this. The lady selling this had lots of beautiful and expensive items that she was selling very cheaply. I also bought a New York map cushion cover from her and a T Shirt for David for £1 each.



This cute beauticology gift set containing fluffy socks and foot creams was £1 and will be going in my gift box for someone at Christmas as will this new Suzy Smith purse for £1.




One lady had clearly had some business that she was winding up and she was selling off lots of new items which had originally had some high prices on them. I bought these gorgeous tea towels for £1 each (£6 price tickets on them) and two boxes of chocolates for £1 each (£6.50 price ticket on them & best before 31.12.15)




A box of mixed bath bombs cost me 50p and I bought a little set which contained a bomb cosmetics bath melt and a Yankee Candle votive for £1. It is pineapple cilantro scent which I have not seen before.



My usual DVD obsession was satisfied with 10 single DVDs ranging in price from 20p to £1.50 each.


Finally I bought 9 newish magazines from July, June 2015 going backwards in date for £2.50. Five of them are Jamie Oliver magazines and these cost £3.99 each which I think is scandalous for a magazine as a book doesn't cost much more. 


David bought Lee Cooper suede shoes for £2 and vinyl as usual along with an LP case (£1) and new mini discs. Blokes things.


No comments: