Pages

Monday 31 August 2015

Bumper Bargains at the Carboot Sale

We spent 5 hours - yes I do mean 5 hours at the Carboot sale yesterday because it was MASSIVE. Our feet ached with walking around and I went back to the car 3 times with bags full of bargains. Part of me wanted to go home half way round but part of me was wanting to stay for more DVDs at 5p each (5p!!) or CDs at 10p each. I went a bit mad on DVDs because of the cheapest prices ever. 

It's going to take a while for me to show you everything I bought, so be patient and I am sure you will be impressed with the bargains. 

Two ladies were selling masses of beauty bargains. Large tester bottle of Aura perfume by Swarovski (unused) £5. I had looked at this in the duty free shop at the airport in June but it was around £40 so I passed. Delighted to find it at £5.


Two tubes of Soap & Glory Sunkissed Tint Body Lotion, £2 each (£8 in Boots) and a Soap & Glory Pillow Plump lip gloss £1 (£10 in Boots).


Avon Genics Treatment Cream £1 (£23.50 on the Avon website). Naturals Lemon Blossom & Basil body lotion and room & linen spray 50p for the two.





Three Christmas Cards with flock material detailing for 10p each (priced £2.99 each on the back of each of them)


Two bottles of Baby Bio Orchid Feed 50p each.  I love white moth orchids and have them all over the house.


Two Wacky Races keyrings. One Dick Dastardly & Muttley and one Penelope Pitstop £1 each (currently £10.99 and £12 on eBay).





Padded black coat which has been gently worn £3 for me. This is lovely and thick so should keep me toasty during the cold winter months.



Six metal studded balls, two large and four small, which I now have displayed in a bowl on my window ledge £1 for all of them.


Boxed set of Terry Thomas films £2 and a boxed set of 14 episodes of the original The A Team series 50p. I also bought 15 other DVDs which ranged in price from 5p (2 films), 20p (12 films) and £2 (1 film)





I work from home and sit on our settee in the lounge but find that my feet get cold so £1 for this large hippo foot cosy was money well spent.



Dress ring 50p.
I also bought a massive commercial bottle opener, new and boxed for 50p. The people selling it wanted to go home so everything was 50p.

I bought David a pair of Helly Hanson waterproof/ski pants for £10 (original cost £140) which look really good on him. He wears this style of trousers when we go away in the winter as they keep him warm. He pretty much lived in them when we were in New York.

He also bought a Sony Media Player to turn our bedroom TV into a smart TV. This was £15 and is working as I type. David likes to watch TV in bed so is delighted with this find.

He also bought LPs, CDs, light bulbs, deodorant and a pedal for his guitar. Bloke things I suppose.

How did you do at the Carboot sales?

No comments: