Pages

Tuesday 17 January 2017

Back to Routine

So this last week I have worked on clearing out cupboards and putting the unwanted items that I have found on eBay. I am starting to get a little weary of having too much stuff and I really do need to get rid of it. Luckily I can sometimes have patience and will wait for the items to be sold to clear space in my home. I have bought some storage tubs that are clear plastic so that I can see what is in them and they also have clip on lids so that they can be sealed up and then stacked on top of each other. I am storing items in the them in the garage. I have been finding all sorts of things that I had forgotten I had. I was pleased to find two Yankee Candle jars of Pantry Spice. These smell delicious and as I had just finished one candle they were found at just the right time.



I have over 100 items listed on eBay and am working hard on getting things listed every day rather than them waiting to be listed. I may as well have them available to buy rather than just sitting in a box. Sales have been slow but steady.

I have been working my way through the box of DVDs again this week and watched four films with two in particular that I really enjoyed. These were Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day. This was just a charming film starring France's McDormand and Amy Adams. I lovely love film.


The other film was The Young Victoria. Brilliant acting my Emily Blunt. I just loved this film.


The other two films were both thrillers and starred Lian Neesom in Unknown and Firewall starring Hartison Ford and Paul Bettany. These two will be passed on to my dad as I know he will enjoy watching these. There is little money to be made in selling on DVDs so I'll tell him to just past these on to a charity shop when he has finished with them.



I am still using up freezer food with freshly bought ingredients to make up meals. This week we have had a beef casserole using reduced price beef and vegetables and a casserole mix. I added a good glug or so of red wine and some mushrooms towards the end of slow cooking in the oven.



Pork loin steaks with new potatoes and mixed vegetables. I cooked the steaks in the oven with some rosemary and thyme.


A Chinese meal made from all freezer items. A starter of duck spring rolls and prawn dim sum. We had these with some chilli sauce. These were followed by beef in black bean sauce and sweet and sour chicken.









A delicious chicken and leek pie which had cost just £1.40 served with new potatoes and vegetables.



I am working my way through one freezer at a time rather than flitting between them. I have four although two are very small freezer boxes parts on a fridge/ freezer. The other two are small chest freezers. Too many really.

No comments: