Pages

Sunday 22 January 2017

End of the Sales Bargains

Since David retired he gets stir crazy every so often and has to get out of the house. On the other hand I love nothing more than spending the weekend at home. We made a compromise and popped out to the Lowry Shopping Centre and Booths supermarket at Media City for just a couple of hours this morning.

I found a great t-shirt style top for £4 from Marks & Spencer and also some suede slippers for just £2.49. The slippers should be £19.50 a pair and there were four pairs at the £2.49 price all in my size. Now I go through slippers fairly quickly. I don't know whether I am heavy footed on them or if working from home for a couple of days a week means they get more wear than usual. I decided to buy two pairs and then showed them to David while still in the store. He immediately went back to the shelf and picked up the other two pairs and said I may as well buy them all at £2.49 as this was a bargain. So I now have four new pairs of slippers. Even better was that I bought them all using a Christmas gift card from my sister.





David wanted a coffee and as everyone knows I won't pay an extortionate price for one in Costa Coffee in the shopping centre, we called over at Booths supermarket in the nearby Media City. As we both have a Booths card we can get a free coffee every day from them (we can get the same deal at Waitrose) so I had a quick look around the store to spot any Christmas deals while we were there. I found a stack of £10 Christmas crackers reduced to £2.50 a box so bought four boxes of them which should last for the next two years. We both got a lovely free latte each too (normally £2.05 each)



I also found some cute chocolate and peppermint candy cane lollies for 49p each at half price. I bought these for my nephew and niece who still get a kiddies goody bag whenever they visit. They are twenty and 18 years old now but have asked me to never stop the tradition of the goody bags as they love them. 


I had already bought reduced tins of hot chocolate from M&S for them. These were £1.50 reduced from £8 each and some bags of Santa marshmallows for them to have in the hot chocolate. These were reduced to 25p a bag in Tescos. The lollies will go in the same goody bags for them.



I think most stores have cleared their Christmas stock now so I was lucky to find the last few reduced items. I suppose I will have wait for the carbooting season to start for more bargains hunting.

How has everyone else done with their final sale reductions?

No comments: