Pages

Wednesday 20 July 2016

eBay Selling on Holiday

I have been keeping up with my clutter clearing at home as I know I have far too any possessions. I have so much "stuff" that occasionally I have not been able to find an item so have gone and bought the same item again. Just typing that has made me feel a little ill. Clearing out all my wardrobe and clothes storage bags under my bed a few weeks ago made me feel so light once it was done. It was great to know that everything I put my hands on fitted me and was loved and made me feel good. All the clothes that do not fit me or are not loved are in two piles against one bedroom wall. It is the wall of shame and each pile stands at around 2ft high. 

I am slowly decreasing the height of each pile and listing the items on eBay for selling. It does not take too long to list the clothes using my iPad and sales have been fairly steady. I play a game so that if I sell two items in a day then I will list a further three and if I sell three then I will list four etc. Doing this has led tome having around 100 listings so I now have a steady stream of sales with some repeat buyers. I just want to get rid of all the clothes once and for all. As you can see below some items are new, unworn and still have their shop tags attached. Shameful!




I had to close all my listings down on the day before we came away on holiday. I will relist them again the day before we finish our holiday and hopefully get some buyers over the weekend that we are flying home. I did this in April when we were on holiday in Tenerife and it was great to turn on my phone at arrivals at the airport to hear the kerrching of sales that had gone through while I was up in the air flying home.

Once the clothes are reduced to zero I will start with other areas although I do not know what yet. I have cleared through my shoes and boots, coats and jackets, make-up and nail varnishes and now clothes. Not sure whether to focus on a particular theme going toward e.g books or DVDs etc or just an area of the house e.g stuff in the garage or loft. I know that I will at this for at least another 6 months and I started this quest in January 2016.




The extra cash will come in handy to supplement my reduced status and salary at work which I had no option other than to accept or be made redundant. The one good thing to come from my new role is that I will no longger be managing any staff. I had 65 staff in 6 units with 6 managers reporting to me and come 1st August I will have no-one but myself to manage. Now that should give me some time to focus on the work and not people all the time.


No comments: