Pages

Sunday 3 July 2016

This Weekend

David went away for a weekend of sailing with his friends on Friday so it has just been me and PG (my cat) together at home. I have loved it, just us girls hanging out together, with the house all tidy and clean. David retired two weeks ago and I thought I would come home from work to a tidy house every evening. Ha - he just spends the day messing it up.

I went to the Cheshire carboot sale on my own this morning and it took me half the time than when I go with David. He does tend to look at everything on every stall and so I cut the trip down by a good two hours and was home for 10am. I bought some really good items today that were pretty much all for me which is also a first as I normally come back with lots of items for other people. What a self indulgent time I have had.

Here's what I bought:

Two new 100% cotton tea towels with a beach hut design on them for £1 each. The lady had different designs and matching oven gloves. She told me they used to cost £5 each when she sold them at the Cheshire Show etc. 



Four small Yankee Candle jars for £2.50 each. These are normally £8.99 each so I think this was a good buy. I would have bought more for gifts but the lady next to me took all the stock they had - 24 small jars - so I was lucky to have got these four. I bought Midnight Jasmine which reminds me of evenings in Turkey sitting outside under the stars. Two Lemongrass & Ginger - fresh  & zingy and finally Vanilla Cupcake which is just delicious. I loved the scent of this so much that I bought a large jar of it too. The large jar was £10 and these are normally £21.99 so it was less than half price.



I bought lots of items from a lady on another stall who clearly had my taste. I bought this Christmas gift set of five votives for £2. I'll put this away and either give it as a gift as it is sealed up and as new or I may just use it myself.




I also bought from her a large box of 33 travel sized toiletry items from her for £2. There was a selection of Molton Brown items including a decent sized soap, some Crabtree & Evelyn items in a really fresh citron scent and loads of items that had clearly come from hotels and I did not know the brands. At around 6p an item I think I will enjoy using these on weekends away.









I also got this cute Christmas cruet set from her for 50p. The gingerbread man is for salt and the gingerbread house for pepper. Whenever we go to Turkey they also have the pepper in the salt pot and the salt in the pepper pot, are we right or is Turkey? Who decided pepper should have lots of holes and salt just one?


Three silver charms marked 925 and which she said were Thomas Sabo. I'm not too sure whether they are or are not but at £1 for all three I'm not bothered. Does anyone know if they are? I love the shoe and handbag charms but I'm not too fussed about the pig. PG supervised while I took the photos.




I also bought three new and sealed DVDs for £1 each from her. I bought another box set series from another stall holder for 50p.


My favourite seller was on and shouted "good morning" to me across the field followed by "bare minerals". I found her stall and sure enough she had some bare minerals foundation and eye shadows. I bought two compact foundations at £5 each. They are a little pale for me at the moment as I am still slightly tanned from our holiday in April and we set off for Turkey next week so I'll be even browner when we come home, so I'll save these for winter when I have faded. I didn't buy the eye shadows as I don't need any and they were not my colours.



One lady had some great items but I was pipped to the post by a woman who nearly bought the whole of her stall. I managed to get this odd collection from her. Brand new & sealed Les Miserables DVD, Angel hairbrush in bubblegum pink, adult Disney Tinkerbelle tattoo sunglasses (for my niece) and a new jar of Laura Mercier body soufflé in creme brûlée. All of these items for £2. The body soufflé is 150ml and a 300ml jar currently costs £45 so a real bargain.






I've spent the afternoon ironing clothes to take away with me on holiday and have wavered over tops and shorts and skirts to wear during the day when we are out and about. I took 3 of each with me when we went to Tenerife and hardly wore them as we spent so much time by the pool and around the complex that I seemed to be in swimwear and kaftans all the time. I'll try to reduce the amount I take to lighte n my suitcase weight.

Thanks for reading!

No comments: