Pages

Sunday 10 May 2015

Safari Tents at Greenacres

So we have spent the weekend away at Greenacres holiday park in Morfa Bychan. My sister, her husband and my niece have just left to travel home and David and I now have the caravan to ourselves. Bliss. We do not have to leave for home until tomorrow as we have both taken a day off work. Another bliss.

This year Greenacres have introduced around 7 safari tents to their touring section of the caravan park. I love the novelty value of these and thought their setting was good too. Each tent had it's own barbecue located at the side of the pitch. There was a large decked area at the front for sitting outside and enjoying the fresh air and weather. We think these will be ideal for the summer months when
the temperatures become higher and there is more chance for some sunny weather.





I noticed that the tents were from www.safaritents.net and have had a look at their website for a good look at the different styles of tent they provide. We asked at the holiday park reception if we could look around one and it was no trouble for someone to show us around the tent and the facilities block that can be used nearby. 

There was something slightly magical about the tent and set up within it that brought out the child in all of us when we entered. All four of us had smiles on our faces and we made oooh and aaaah noises at the cute kitchen area and pine beds in the bedrooms. We have decided to mull over the idea of booking a long weekend away in one of them over the summer months. I know it is not the height of glamour but for someone who used to sleep in a tent in the back garden as a child for fun the idea certainly appeals. 




There were two bedrooms with one having a pine double bed and the other having a pine single bed and two bunk beds. These were towards the back of the tent with the front holding a large table, chairs and bench with a cute kitchen area. There was a sink, fridge, microwave and two ring hob. There were power points and interestingly no television. I thought this was a good thing as I am typing this with the TV on in the background. I don't need it on but we seem to have the TV on a lot even though we are not always watching it. I agree with no TV. 





I have warmed to the glamping idea and will have to look into this further. Have any of you been glamping? Please let me know. Click on the "no comments" below and let me know!

No comments: