Pages

Sunday 7 September 2014

Sunday Car Boot Haul

I prayed for good weather for Sunday so that we could visit the two car boot sales that were on in Cheshire. My prayers were answered and we managed to visit both of them in what turned out to be a very busy and fruitful morning. We are both early risers and got to the first car boot sale at 7am which meant we managed to get the pick of the bargains before it started to get very busy. We were there until 10.30am and then went to the second car boot sale on the village common. This was not as fruitful but we still managed to find a few bargains.

I have spent a lot of money today but have come home with a huge haul of treasures and these would have cost a considerable amount more if I had bought them from the shops. Most of the items that I have bought are new complete with tags or wrapping/boxes. Many are unwanted gifts or have been bought and then not used. I have bought things for myself and for family as little gifts/stocking fillers for Christmas.

The first things I found were three adorable Cath Kidston purses complete with labels priced at £6. They cost me 50p each so I bought one for myself and one each for my sister and niece. A £16.50 saving on the shop price. I also found two cute scarves which were both really large. The first one with the cats heads on it is for my niece as she has a cat called Smokey which looks just like the cat print. The second one is from H & M and is like a soft cream cobweb. This is for me and I thought it would really lift  the colour of my black coat come winter. Both of these were £1 each.





    I bought a whole selection of toiletries as I could not resist the price of some and the smell of others. I bought the Marc Jacobs Dot shower gel and body lotion for 50p each from one lady who was just a lovely seller. I also got the set of four Ted Baker lip crayons from her for £5. These were £15 last Christmas in Boots and I found a lovely blog called Birds Words which has a great review of these lip crayons so I am delighted I found them at a bargain price of £1.25 each. I bought the Charles Worthington takeaways and Lush Happy Hippy shower gel (£3.50) for 50p along with 3 bottles of Pantene leave in conditioner for 50p. I found my favourite eyeshadow, Antique Rose by Boots No7 from the same lady for 50p. I love this shade as it really lifts my eyelids. It is a pink with dark antique gold shimmer to it. It has been discontinued so if I find one on my travels I snap it up quick. I go through quite a lot of hand cream as I always keep a tube in th car and put some on before I drive off in the mornings. I found this The Body Shop Almond hand & nail cream gift set for £1.50. The cream on its own is £5 so I guess I saved about £5 taking into account the nail file, buffer and nail clippers. I found the Charles Worthington Takeaways and the hair mousse for £1 for all 3. I love the size of these takeaways for holidays and although not too bothered about the mousse, the price was 50p an item or 3 for £1 so I thought I might as well have it for free. 







My final toiletry purchase was a huge and very heavy jar of  Laura Mercier fresh fig soufflĂ© body creme for £1. This is currently £44.50 in Selfridges so I thought this was a fantastic buy. It is new, unopened and when I opened it to check it was "fresh" and still had a fragrance I could not believe the divine smell.



I found a selection of 7 magazines, Cheshire Life, Cheshire Resident and Woman & Home for £2 for all of them. The oldest is December 2013 and newest August 2014. These cost £5 for Cheshire Resident, £3.65 for Cheshire Life and £3.99 for Woman & Home so a saving of  just under £27 if I had bought them new.



I bought a black patent leather Louis Vuitton style bag for £2 (yes. £2!!) from a young lady who had a stall with her mum. She said she had paid £60 when she had bought it and it looks brand new. The inside of the bag is immaculate and it does not look like it has been used. I was really pleased with this purchase. I also found a cheap & cheerful bag that has originally come from Matalan so will not have cost too much when new. This has sequins in lines across the front and a medium sized purse attached. This will be ideal for taking to the pool or beach and is incredibly lightweight so great for in a suitcase to keep the airline luggage costs down. This was 50p and looks new. Then my darling David bought me a large black leather tote bag from Marks & Spencer Autograph range. It is a great size and fits over my shoulder. The leather is as soft as butter and although it cost £20 these are usually over £100 when new. So I am delighted with my three new bags and will certainly use the large tote bag for work and weekends away.





I bought several presents for family and also some items for myself and the home but I am going to post these tomorrow as I think we may start to suffer from car boot sale overload if I list some more items today.

No comments: