Pages

Monday 8 September 2014

Sunday Car Boot Haul Part 2

I  love candles and I like Yankee Candle as a favourite. Following this my second love is Wax Lyrical. I bought a beautiful perfume lamp which is new, in it's box and come complete with two rope wicks, funnel for pouring oil into it and even a box of matches in the set. There were also two bottles of scented oil - one White Mulberry and the other Vanilla in the set. The lamp retails on its own for £30 and the oils for around £6 - £15. I paid £9 for all three items and will use this in our living room.



I also love Partylite candles and candle holders. I have bought these from colleagues or friends when they have hostessed a party but you can buy them on line too. I found this pair of adaptable holders that can be used in three different ways. They have similar available in their on line catalogue here. They cost £16.95 but mine cost just £1.50. I already have a similar pair and think they will look lovely in a line down the centre of my dining table at Christmas.



I could not resist two candles that are from a company called Home Flameware. You can buy these currently on Amazon at £7.99 for the large and £3.99 for the small. I paid 50p each and they still have a strong fragrance as they are still sealed up. I thought the red colour would be great at Christmas and the scent is Strawberry and Raspberry which is quite light. A lot of red candles at Christmas are strong cinnamon type scents so I thought a lighter fragrance would make a great change.



I found two stocking fillers for my nephew. The first is an Adidas wallet which is new and cost just 20p and the second is a RayBan toiletry bag which cost just £1. Again this was new and in a sealed bag. It is really good quality and opens up with a hanger at the top. He is 16 at the moment and I am sure will love both of these. I also bought a stocking filler for my brother-in-law which is a bottle opener in the firm of a key so he can keep this on his key ring for when he goes on camping trips.




I bought a brand new Gap polo shirt for my Dad for £1 from one woman who was selling some of her husbands clothes which she said he had bought but never worn. The top still had the tags and stickers attached and is £16.95 to buy new. I bought him a grey jumper last week so I think this top will look great when they are worn together. David bought a thick rugby style sweatshirt from her for £3 and this was also new with a price tag of £42 still on it from Marks & Spencer.



One lovely family were selling all their cookery book for 3 for £1 and you got a free piece of home made Rocky Road with every cook book purchase. We took just one piece which was quickly scoffed straight away and it was delicious. I bought two hard back books, Tana Ramsay's Family Kitchen (£20) and Cupcakes, Muffins & More (£9.99). I also bought a heavy weight paperback book, The Essential Vegetarian Cookbook (£12.99). We are not vegetarians but sometimes we do eat meatless meals and I thought this would give me some ideas and introduce some variety. For £1 for all 3 I thought this was a great buy.



I found a pair of brand new shoe boots by Gabor from one trader who is often on the Cheshire car boot sale. As you can see from the link a similar pair is currently selling for £79.99 and I paid £8. He always has expensive brand shoes for sale, some of which have been clearly worn and others look new. We think they may be returns but none look faulty or seconds. I thought these would be great to wear with trousers over the autumn & winter months and I can wear them for work or at weekends when out and about.



My niece loves Soap & Glory and I bought this shower hat (£6.25) with vanity bag (similar here £17.50) and Shower puff (£3.50) for £1.50 for all three. A saving of £25.75 on the full price. They were all new and unused but did not come with labels or tags. I think they were probably part of a gift set with the toiletries having been used and the lady not wanting the accessories. I have already bought toiletries for her so will put these inside the bag for her for Christmas.




I bought some things for the home including mugs, pillow cases and ramekins. There are too many to list and photograph for this posting but I will post details of them at another time. The most expensive price was 50p for the pillow cases so I know I have got some bargains. We are away next weekend with family and visit this site in Lancashire every year at this time of year. It is getting towards the end if the car booting season but we know that there is usually 1 or 2 car boot sales just near where we are staying so I am hopeful that we will be able to do some more bargain hunting but at a different location. I will post details of these next week if we manage to visit them. 

No comments: