Pages

Tuesday 2 September 2014

Monthly Plans for September

At the start of every month I make plans for what I am going to do at home. I reviewed my plans for August and have managed to achieve some of them but not all of them, so some of the plans have rolled over to September. The plans I managed to achieve were:
  • Organise our garden shed that has numerous pieces of garden equipment simply dumped on the floor.  At the back of the shed were some lovely Cath Kidston style cushions for our patio chairs which I could not reach. After the tidy up I managed to retrieve these and decided they were too nice for the patio so have brought them inside and they are currently being used on the chairs at our kitchen table.
  • Continue with the Sunday Car Boot sales (weather permitting) to gain as many bargains as I can while the car booting season is in full swing. You will have seen my postings about my finds at the car boot sales that I have been to.
The plans that I have not achieved are:
  • Empty one of my 5 (yes I have 5 smallish freezers) to a level that it can be deep cleaned and provide some space for new fresh reduced food. This is now on my plans for September and I am determined to achieve this.
  • Sort out the front garden into some kind of order due to my neglect. I have concentrated too much on the back garden. I have made a start on this but then lost interest and the weeds have come back and some shrubs become overgrown so I am back to square one. The weather forecast is good for September so I really need to get stuck in and do my best to restore some order.

courtesy of a pair of pears

New plans
  • I have stored quite a lot of presents that I have bought for family in the garage. These have come from car boot sales over the summer and as I buy them I do not make a note of what I have bought and for whom. This means that sometimes things get forgotten or I end up buying far too much for people on the basis that it is a bargain.  It then ends up not being a bargain because I have spent too much. So, I need to get everything out to see what I have and make a list of what I have for each family member. They then need to be put back but all together in one place so they are easy to locate come December.
  • I need to make a start on organising our dining room which is starting to look like a dumping ground. This should only be a morning or afternoon task but I keep putting this off and it starts to become a little depressing looking into a messy room everyday.

No comments: