Pages

Sunday 13 August 2017

This Weeks Finds

The weather has been lovely since late yesterday afternoon. This has meant spending some time in the garden and a fairly busy carboot sale this morning. I bought two pairs of sandals - one pair are new whereas the other pair look like they may have been worn once or maybe twice as they have little signs of wear on the soles. The new pair are crocs and the nearly new pair are fabulous Fitflops in black suede with diamonte detail in black and clear diamonte. They were £4 a pair and I love them.




I bought a Scentsy wax warmer which is new and two Scentsy wax melt blocks for just £3 for all. The wax blocks are in "Adored" and "Sparkling Black Plum". Both of the scents are delicious fruity floral scents and lovely to freshen up a room in the summer. I have quite a few Scentsy winter style fragrances so these are a welcome addition.


I thought this huge Cath Kidston storage bag in candy stripe was just great for £3. The lady I bought it from said she had used it for going to the beach and carrying all their towels. I think it is really useful for storing some of my throws and cushions and it looks so cheerful and summery. I may use it myself for going to the beach or as a weekend bag on our UK weekends away.



I could resist buying some toiletries because they were so cheap. I am using up the stock that I have so am trying not to buy anymore but when they are 50p and £1 I can't help myself. I bought this large Soap & Glory Foamous body wash for 50p (£6.50 in Boots), large Hand Food for 50p (£5.50 in Boots) and Shower Puff for 50p (£4 in Boots). From the same lady I bought this full size Cowshed body lotion in Knackered Cow scent for £1 (£32 on line). Who pays £32 for a bottle of body lotion?








I also found another of my favourite Bomb Cosmetics bath bombs for 50p. The scent of this one is Cotton Flower. They are just so scrummy smelling and I just love watching a bath bomb fizz and melt away in the bath. I also bought this Body Shop lip and cheek tint for 10p.




My other finds were this cute mirror which has a X4 magnification on one side for £1. It has a $7.99 price tag on the base from TK Maxx. This is a pretty good size for taking away with me as I have found that as I get older I need a decent sized magnified mirror.


I found these Guess sunglasses with case and cleaning cloth for £2. Handy for in my car as the ones I currently use are getting a bit sad and tired.



I bought 10 multi packs of Tesco tissue for £2. They are gold, silver, silver & white patterned and an iridescent effect. These are great for Christmas wrapping or scrunching into the top of gift bags. £2 for 40 sheets is not a bad price really.


I didn't find any magazines this week but I got my usual DVDs at between 50p and 3 for £1. I am buying DVDs as fast as I am selling them on eBay.


The other week I bought a fabulous black quilted throw for on my bed which had bead trim. I love it and like that the black picks out the black of our lampshades on our bedside lamps. Well today I found a matching cushion for £1. It looks a little lost on our superking bed in the middle but I like the fact it matches. I would like to have two - sadly the stall holder only had one, but I am sure with patience another one will turn up at some point.



Yesterday I finally found the elusive Jo Malone lookalike candles in Aldi. I don't shop in Aldi despite all the hype and how "trendy" it is to shop there at the moment. It is just not for me but I did want one or two of the candles as they have scents that are very similar to the Jo Malone fragrances. I looked a few weeks back with no joy but managed to get one of each scent yesterday. Pomegranate Noir, Blackberry Bay and Lime, Basil & Mandarin. They were £3.99 each, come with two weeks and look quite classy for the price.


I'm off to spend some more time in the garden now and enjoy the sun while it is still shining as I'm sure it won't last that long.



No comments: