Pages

Sunday 6 August 2017

A Much Better Carboot Sale

After saying that the carboot sale was going downhill after going there last week, it was greatly improved this week and I managed to get some reasonable buys at decent prices. 

I bought this lovely Louis Vuitton scarf from one of my usual sellers. She is such a glamourous lady and sells gorgeous items - mainly perfumes, toiletries and homeware. All of them new. I was suprised to find this scarf for sale and asked if it was the only one she had and she said it was hers but I could have it for £4! It is a lightweight silk and should brighten up a black coat come this winter. I resisted the White Company, Asprey and Orla Kiely toiletries that she had for sale.


I bought these two Soap & Glory items for 50p each from one lady along with some DVDs for 50p. Both of the items are currently £8 to buy in Boots (although there are offers on them both).




I also bought three Bomb Cosmetics bath bombs from two different stalls for £1.20 in total so 40p each. The larger one lasts for up to 6 baths. I love the two cute Christmas ones which will both just last for one bath each. These cost between £2 - £4.50 each and although I usually save these to give as stocking filler gifts, I have decided to keep these for myself as I love them so much. I found three more Joules egg shaped soaps for 10p each (the same soaps as last week, for the same price)





I bought a couple of pairs of reader glasses for just 50p a pair (complete with felt case). I never seem to have enough of these as I need a pair in just about every room of the house. A pair in the kitchen for reading recipes or cooking instructions, a pair in the bedroom for reading just before I sleep, a pair in the bathroom to check I am putting on my make-up correctly ......


I resisted the stall selling all new Yankee Candle jars (£10 large, £8 medium and £2.50 small) as I have lots already but I bought this votive holder for 50p (it has a £4.45 price ticket on the base) and this Wedding Day votive for 50p too. This votive has a fresh floral scent which will be lovely to freshen up a room.


I love Penhaligons perfume and leather goods. One couple had these three items for sale - two lipstick holders and a purse keyring with metal perfume bottle charm. They wanted £10 for the three but I said I didn't really need them (which I don't so much) but they knocked the price down to £8 which I could not resist. These would normally sell at around £20 each. I think I may keep one of the pieces and give the others as gifts.


Other bits and pieces I bought were a tortoiseshell effect LSA vase for £2 and a lead crystal vase for £1. There is no makers mark on the crystal vase and it is a really heavy weight. I bought it for the window ledge half way up my stairs as I think it goes well with two Waterford Crystal vases that I have there already.


I bought a toiletry set for my nephew for £1.50. I liked the names of the shower gel & shampoo in it - Bloke Soak and Total Filth. A great little stocking filler for the price.


An Emma Bridgewater hessian mini shopper for 75p. I have an identical one which I use for taking my lunch to work in. This new one can be a back up when my current one becomes a bit too tatty. These shoppers only last for a limited time before they start to look a little shabby.


I didn't know that Thomas Sabo made Christmas decorations but I found a box of four glass baubles which cost me £2.


My usual selection of DVDs at 50p each - some new and sealed and I found that one had three different discs for three different films in it when I opened it at home.


I also bought 16 magazines (many 2017) for £2.80. These usually cost £3.65 - £4 each which I refuse to pay these days. Far too expensive for something that I just tend to flick through. Once I read through these I pass them on to my Dad (his favourite is Cheshire Life).


Well that was it for this weeks finds.

No comments: