Pages

Wednesday 27 April 2016

New M&S Foodie Haul

A new Marks & Spencer Food Hall recently opened around 5 miles away from home and I drive straight past it to and from work. I called in last Thursday and bought quite a few reduced price meat  items but they all went straight into the freezer so I did not take any photos of them.

This week I thought I would call in again and show you what I had bought. I was a little earlier this week so they had not yet reduced the meat. They had however started the reductions elsewhere in the shop and I found myself almost following an assistant around as he put the reduced price stickers on the food. 

I bought:

2 large Quiche Lorraine for 30p each




4 packs of ready cooked streaky bacon for sandwiches for 30p each (great teamed with sliced chicken, lettuce and mayo) 




2 large tubs of Kalamata olives for 35p each


1 tub of marinated grilled peppers for 30p


I pack of sweet & smokey pulled pork rolls for 30p (my lunch for tomorrow) 


2 packs of pain au chocolat for 20p each



2 packs of croissants for 20p each


3 packs of 4 large white baps for 10p each



4 tubs of spreadable farmhouse cheddar cheese for 25p each (great on toasted bread, crumpets etc)


2 packs of new potatoes for 65p each



1 pack of red onions for 30p



1 pack of white seedless grapes for £1



I always leave some of the offers for other shoppers and never clear the shelves. There have been debates on other blogs as to whether this is the right or wrong thing to do and I go with leaving something. Not all the time, so there were just two packs of pain au chocolat and I wanted both for the four of us but I left packs of the croissants behind for others. 

My sister suprised me last night by calling to say she has booked for herself and my brother in law to take us away for the weekend this forthcoming weekend as it is a bank holiday. We are off to the Lake District again so some of the above has been bought for us to have over the weekend. In particular the pain au chocolat and croissants will be for our breakfasts. The Quiche Lorraine will be for lunch as will the spreadable farmhouse cheddar cheese. The olives will be eaten with prinks (pre dinner drinks) and are a favourite of mine and my brother in law. I will also takes some nuts and crisps to go with the prinks.

They also had an offer with wine - buy 6 bottles of wine and get 25% off. I doubled up the offer by buying some sparkling wine that was 1/3 off at £8 a bottle rather than £12. This worked out at £6 a bottle so half price. I am really looking forward to a few glasses of this with the olives on Saturday and Sunday evening.

No comments: