Pages

Wednesday 27 April 2016

Carboot Sale Slim Pickings

The carboot sale this week was back to usual but for some reason this week I feel like I have got slim pickings. I probably haven't but after initially walking down two rows and buying nothing I had a feeling that it was not a very good sale this week. I think people may be waiting until next weekend when it is the bank holiday to sell. 

Anyway, here is what I have bought this week at the Cheshire carboot sale:

Two boxed packs of Wella Lifetex extra rich shampoo and intensive hair mask. These are full size products and are supposed to last for a month and were £3 for each box. The stall holder told me these were usually £20 in the salon and I know I have bought this brand from my hairdressers in the past. At £3 for each box I think this is a good price and cheaper than some high street brands.





I also found a The Body Shop Chocomania shower cream for £1 which is a discontinued range. It smells divine and a real change from floral or fruity scents. I think I may save this as a little gift for my niece for just being lovely.  


Brand new and unused Masterchef at Home cookery book containing recipes and set menu ideas from the BBC TV series for 50p. I love a cookery book so will spend some time having a read through this and trying out the recipes over the next few weeks. 



Medium sized brand new Yankee Candle in Juicy Orange which has a real zingy scent to it. I paid £3 for this and they are currently selling for £18.99 on the Yankee Candle website. I think this may go in my kitchen to give a fresh smell when the kitchen needs a lift.


I found two brand new sets of table mats for £1 each. I already have some of these mats so these are exactly the same and will come in handy when we have the whole family around the table. We have quite a large dining table that seats 8 people so whenever there is a family get together it is usually at my house. I always try to find sets of 8 to 10 settings rather than the standard six. I also found two IKEA cereal storage containers for 50p each. I have a selection of these in two different sizes and they look neat and tidy on the same shelf in my pantry. They all cost 20p and 50p each from the Cheshire carboot sale over the last year or so.


There were two ladies selling all bags and scarves at £1 each and I have been looking for a navy scarf got some time (at least one that I like) and I bought this scarf from them. I also boughta throw/poncho for £1. The colours in it are not something I would go for but I think it will be ideal for throwing on when I am sitting out in the garden and the warmth of the day is leaving and the evening is starting to get a little cooler. I felt so bad when I got home and opened up the blue scarf to find there were 2 the same stuck to each other and I though I had just picked up one scarf. I suppose I will never see the stall holders again it was just £1 but I felt bad even though it was a genuine mistake. I am giving the extra scarf to my sister.


I went a little mad on DVDs this week because many were 50p each and I watch a lot of films. I wake up very early most days and will go downstairs put on a DVD and watch it while I deal with emails, do the ironing or potter around. So I bought 4 Star Wars films, the two Ghostbusters films, Timothy Spall in Mr.Turner and a 3 disc special edition of the Shawshank Redemption. These were between 50p and £1 each. There are couple of other run of the mill films at 50p. I also bought a boxed set of 5 Lee Evans live shows. These will be watched and then passed on to family which is what we all tend to do with comedian DVDs.



I bought this large Macy's tote for £1 and also a set of 8 ethnic style butter knives for £1 from the same lady. She told me she was moving home and having a real clearout. Again this ethic style is not usually my thing but I just loved them when I saw them and had to gave them.




David bought a fabulous pair of genuine Ray Ban sunglasses plus lots of CDs and vinyl. He also found a great pair of very muddy but hardly worn Nike trainers for £2 and adidas trainers for £2. 

No comments: