Pages

Sunday 10 January 2016

Clearing Clutter - eBay selling

I said in one of my earlier posts this year that I was going to start clearing the clutter. Well I have taken up the "little and often" approach and been doing a little each day this week. All things Christmas have been put away because in the past some things are still on the kitchen table in February - usually a couple of bows, ribbons and a Christmas dish. I feel good that everything is away.

I listed three coats on eBay last week and this week I have upped the amount listed to double figures. The items I have listed are a little bit random but that is because they have been items that are to hand or in my eyesight. 

I was bought a selection of books from various people for Christmas. There was a set of 10 Agatha Raisin books by one of my favourite authors M C Beaton. I had read four out of the ten and they were destined for the charity bag but did not seem to make it from the lounge into the bag before it went so I listed them. 


I bought two Kirsty Allsopp books last year for 50p each and have read them and decided they are not for me. A little too twee for my liking so I have listed these today too.


My sister bought me a lovely Vera Wang tote bag but I am not a sparkly bag kind of gal so I have listed this. I am sure she would not mind if I told her but I will keep this quiet for now.


I had two pairs of boots that are both nearly new but I have not worn for years. They have been stored in boxes in the garage and I noticed them when I was putting away the Christmas decorations. I have listed both pairs and hope these sell as they take up a fair bit of space.



I bought some lovely Ralph Lauren napkins to match a table cloth and napkins that I already had only I bought the wrong colour. They have been in the kitchen for a few months so these are going and listed already.



I had a massive clearout of my toiletries last year in November and found some tubes of styling creme which I have never used. As they have not been used I thought I would list these too. I always have a look on eBay to see if anyone else is selling the same items that I want to list and I was suprised to see the Goldrush styling creme for sale at £70 and £24.99. It has been discontinued so maybe people want it and will pay these prices but I don't feel comfortable listing mine at a hiked up "buy it now" price so I have listed mine as an auction starting at £9.99. I'll see if I get any takers at this price which is more than I originally paid so I am happy to make a small profit. I've listed the others at a low starting price just to get rid of them.





I have bids on one of my coats, plenty of watchers on another and no interest in the third one. To be fair the third coat is more of a summer jacket so I should have waited for Spring before listing it. I will relist it if it doesn't sell and if it fails to go again I'll pull it to relist in April.

I'll let you know how I get on with my sales ad how much money I get once all the fees have been taken off.


No comments: