Pages

Friday 22 January 2016

A Week Of Lunches

I find getting some variety to our lunches so difficult. I refuse to pay a fortune for a sad looking lunch from my work canteen and if I did not make David a packed lunch he would either do without and be faint with hunger or pig out with a chippy meal.

I like healthy variety whereas he likes boring stodgy white bread sandwiches. I really am trying to get something healthy for both of us that it quick to make, cheap and will keep us interested in our lunches over the week. I've found from experience that I need various sizes of plastic tubs and plenty of plastic bags to be able to make the whole packed lunch thing work. 

Here is a look at the lunches we had this week:

Monday
David - salmon paste sandwiches made with white bread (yuk!) and some sliced pieces of vintage cheddar
Mrs Danvers - small portion of left-over homemade lasagne, home made fruit salad of white & red grapes, apple slices, blueberries and strawberries with honey & fig yogurt poured over it


Tuesday
David - same as Monday
Mrs Danvers - cinnamon soft pretzel mid morning.  Red onion & chive bagel with Brie and tomato chutney. Homemade fruit salad of red & black grapes and sliced banana with honey & fig yogurt poured over it.







Wednesday
David - just some buttered toast
Mrs Danvers - small portion of left-over homemade lasagne (I glad it has now all gone!). Mango with lemon yogurt poured over it. I bought two pots of mango pieces reduced from £2 to 45p each. The yogurts were reduced to 25p for 4.

Thursday
David - chicken & sweetcorn sandwich and a chicken & avocado sandwich (bought reduced from M&S)
Mrs Danvers - cinnamon soft pretzel mid morning. Red onion & chive bagel with Brie and tomato chutney. Mango with lemon yoghurt poured over it.



Friday
David - chicken & sweetcorn sandwich and a pulled BBQ pork & coleslaw sub
Mrs Danvers - left over BBQ pulled duck & coleslaw slider. Cherry yogurt.

Oh and a word of warning on the fruit and yogurt front - never pour strawberry yogurt over sliced banana as a sweet and healthy treat unless you like your food to taste like hubba bubba bubble gum! I speak from experience.


No comments: