Pages

Thursday 3 December 2015

The Orchard at Tesco

Are any of you aware of The Orchard at Tesco? I joined some time back and receive emails several times a year inviting me to join in a short campaign. At the moment the campaign is called "Christmas Showstoppers" and my showstopper was their Finest Christmas Pudding in the 907g size.

I received 5 money off vouchers: 4 vouchers off the pudding and 1 voucher for a free jar of cranberry sauce. The pudding normally costs £10 but when I ordered it on-line it was on a half price offer for £5. This meant I could have 3 puddings for free. I ordered an additional one and paid £5 for it so 4 puddings for £5 is pretty good. We are big Christmas pudding eaters in our family and as I hold two Christmas dinners in our house, one on Christmas Day and one on Boxing Day they should all disappear fairly quickly. The box says they feed 8 people but as we are greedy in our family I would say it will probably be 4 or 5 portions at most.


To remain a member of The Orchard, you have to submit a review of the food you have tried and preferably add a photo to your review. They also like it if you add reviews to Facebook and Twitter. There is an area where you can add details of any conversations you have had with family or friends about The Orchard or the food you have eaten. You earn clubcard points on you submissions too.

I ordered on-line because I have not been out of the house for over a week following my surgery. I generally don't order grocery shopping on-line and I don't think that I would want to for fresh food items. I like to have a look and feel of some of my fresh produce such as fruit and vegetables before I buy them so I can assess how fresh they are. The only other item I ordered with my puddings was a case of 6 bottles of champagne for Christmas and the New Year. This was incredibly cheap and worked out at only £7.50 a bottle. It was on offer at £10 and if I bought 6 bottles there was 25% off. I thought it won't be the best champagne in the world but will do for Buck's Fizz in the mornings over the festive week. Well when it arrived I was suprised to find it is a silver quality award winning champagne from the International Wine & Spirit Competition 2015. I think we have it when we have a full house on Boxing Day.



I hope to be out and about next week after the scars have faded a little more so I will be back to bargain hunting in the shops again. My cat has hardly left my side the whole time I've been at home.


It has been amusing seeing David cope with having to buy a few bits and pieces such as bread, milk and eggs. He has phoned me from the shop each time to go through what is available, on offer and what is best to get. Bless him. I'm sad to say I have missed grocery shopping as it will be two weeks by the time I venture out. I never thought I would say that but at this time of year I like looking at the Christmas food and drink and trying the samples that are usually on offer.

No comments: