Pages

Sunday 6 December 2015

Christmas Candles

At the end of November I has a major clutter-bust and corralled all my candles and candle holders from around the house into one large storage tub. I was a little shocked to find as much as I did as I had not noticed how many I had when there are just a few items stored in the kitchen, in the dining room, in the lounge and in the garage. When they were all together,  I realised I have a problem ... I confess I am a Yankee Candle  addict. I am thinking of setting up YCA - Yankee Candles Anonymous.






I found candles that I had forgotten I had bought but also ones that I had bought last year in the January sales with the intention of using this Christmas. I was so pleased to find boxes of tealights in a variety of Christmas scents. I wrote about buying them last year in this post. I have already finished a box of Fireside Treats and the tealights gave a lovely soft glow with a slightly sweet smell of marshmallow. It was not too overpowering, just a gentle fragrance.





I have now opened Snowflake Cookie and I love that they are a baby pink colour rather than the usual Christmas red and green colours. Just smelling them unlit they smelt good enough to eat but when lit they gave a home baked shortbread scent.



I am lucky to have a Yankee Candle shop not so far away at The Lowry Shopping Centre. In last years's sales I bought this cute wax tart burner. For those of you who have not used these before, you need a burner which holds a tealight underneath a bowl. You place the wax tart in the bowl, light the tealight underneath and as the wax tart melts it releases the aroma.



I have not used wax tarts for years but bought a huge bulk bag of mixed tarts from eBay a couple of years ago and then forgot about them. I didn't have a tart burner at the time and had planned to buy one but never got around to it. I bought this one in the January sales to put away for this Christmas and was so pleased to find quite a few Christmas themed tarts when I opened up the bulk bag again.

The wax tarts that I found are Christmas Wreath which is the green tart. This smells fresh with a hint of pine but so strong as to smell like a toilet freshener, it's more like a fresh Christmas tree scent. I also found Home for the Holidays which is the red tart. This has a soft warm slightly sweet scent like  mince pies.


The last Christmas themed one I found was Sparkling Angel which has that freshly washed laundry smell. I also found two more scents that are Cranberry Chutney and Cinnamon Stick which smell just like their name.



Nothing beats an evening with the fire lit, candles glowing and a glass of wine. We have two table lamps in our lounge and a matching standard lamp. We sometimes turn one or two of the lamps off to give a soft glow to the room just for a short while before we go to bed. It gives me a warm fuzzy feeling. 

No comments: