Pages

Thursday 12 March 2015

Another Thrifty Week

This week has been my last week before payday as I usually get paid on the 15th of the month. There is often too much month and not enough pay if you know what I mean. I try to save as much as I can and then not dip into my savings but by week three I have usually had to make a raid on my savings account. Sure enough this month I had to dip in to the tune of £75 to pay for petrol and a weeks food shop. I had a £5 off voucher if I spent £25 in the Marks & Spencer Food Hall do I did my shopping there with the £35 I had left after £40 of petrol.

Of purse I went looking for all the reduced items I could find and found that I managed to fill the fridge for the week for just over £20 when the £5 had been taken off the bill. I bought a ready cooked chicken at £2.50 reduced from £6. This will do for an evening meal along with reduced new potatoes at 55p a pack and reduced mixed vegetables.


I found two ready made cottage pies which were reduced from £4.50 to £2.25 each which will feed us for two meals. David will probably eat a full one but I will eat half with some vegetables and then have the other half for a meal later in the week.


I found a lovely looking Gastropub chicken pie and a large Melton Mowbray pork pie too. I will serve the chicken pie with another pack of the 55p new potatoes and vegetables and the pork pie will be cut into quarters and given to David for lunch over the next few days. I also found reduced colcannon mash potato, a large reduced ham and mushroom pizza which I have eaten as two meals, and more reduced family packs of crisps which were 45p instead of £2. I also found some haddock fillets for £2.25 which David has already eaten with home cooked chips. I already had fresh cooked meat in the fridge for sandwiches along with milk, buttery spread and bread in the breadbin so we have managed this week.


I have also spent time looking at items that need to go to charity and have found more than the 5 items that I said I would find each week. I have found 10 items this week and am now waiting for a charity bag to pop through the front door so that I can fill it. The items are as follows:


  • Three stretchy wrap turban towels for wet hair
  • A cooling eye mask
  • A joke stress alarm


  • Four toiletry bags
  • One jewellry wrap


No comments: