Pages

Tuesday 30 December 2014

Shopping at Home

Over Christmas and New Year I realised that I own far too many possessions and that they can begin to swamp you. In particular, I have too many candles (not tea lights), too much make-up and toiletries and too much food in my pantry and freezers. 

I should count my blessings that I have so many things and I am certainly not complaining about having too much of anything but I am beginning to feel swamped. I am ending up not enjoying the things that I have because I cannot find them as they are lost in the back of the garage, in the loft or tucked away in a cupboard or drawer. I have been known to buy a duplicate of something because I cannot find it. Please tell me that I am not the only one to do this?

I need to simplify my life and have decided to cut back on shopping on line and in the shops and have decided to start shopping at home. There is that slight thrill when you are out shopping, holding those cardboard bags containing tissue wrapped goodies or carrier bags full of delicious food. I need to quell the desire to go shopping and instead do my shopping at home.

I realised this was the answer on Sunday when I noticed that I was running out of facial toner. I was thinking of going on a trip to the nearby Trafford Centre which would not have ended with the purchase of just facial toner as you can imagine. Then I had a thought that maybe I had some already. Sure enough I found 5 mini bottles which had come in gift sets. One from Boots No7, two from Kiehls and two from La Prairie. In total there was enough with these 5 bottles to make up a full sized bottle so no need to go shopping.






Not only will this idea make more room in our home, garage and loft, it will make me feel a little more free from feeling swamped and will save me no end of money. I will let you know what I find as I carry on with my shopping at home resolution for the rest of the year 2015.

No comments: