Pages

Thursday 1 January 2015

New Year Resolutions

Happy New Year



I hope you all have a wonderful year ahead and enjoy reading my blog on how I try to live a frugal life but with an added bit of luxury.

Well it is January and the time of year that we all think about New Year resolutions. I have made many in the past which have lasted a week or a month and then they have fizzled out. This year I thought I would set myself some monthly targets and then see if I can manage to maintain them month on month. This seems more manageable and bite-sized for me and will stop the disappointment when I have not managed to keep to my resolutions in the past.

So here is my target for this month: 

Limit my grocery shopping for myself and David to £60 a month. 

I am sure this will be achievable and I think we could manage for less but I will see how I manage for January and then reduce the amount if I manage to achieve £60 quite easily. It is only £15 a week for the two of us.

I have quite a bit of food in my freezers, fridge and pantry that I bought for Christmas and New Year celebrations so I think I should be able to meet this target if I use up some of my supplies. I think making a menu list for our meals for the week will help too. Although I do tend to change what I  plan to eat when I find foodie bargains on the reduced counters.

It is also a good time of year to stock up on some treats when the supermarkets start to reduce some of their Christmas stock in their sales. I have bought tins of chocolate biscuits, shortbreads and savoury snacks at very low prices in the past. The same goes for Christmas cake, puddings and chocolates too. We have enjoyed Christmas cake in August before now.

I have other goals that I want to achieve this year and will post about them on a monthly basis but to give you an idea they include:
  • Clearing out our garage. This will be no mean feat.
  • Decorating our bedroom. It has been 80% finished for some time.
  • Remodelling our kitchen.
  • Losing enough weight to drop one dress size.
I am planning on a goal a month and know that some will take several months to achieve but I am hoping that they will be achieved by year end 2015.

Best wishes to all of you for the forth coming year.



No comments: