Pages

Monday 29 December 2014

Lazy Sunday Afternoon

After all the hustle and bustle of Christmas Day, Boxing Day and shopping on Saturday, it was lovely to spend a lazy Sunday at home. I really needed time to recharge my batteries as I had been so busy preparing two full Christmas lunches for family and clearing everything away afterwards. I had family staying over on Boxing Day night too so there were cooked breakfasts to make aswell.

I pottered around all day Sunday and made a conscious decision to stay at home all day even though the lure of the sales was calling. It was freezing cold with frost everywhere outside. This called for a mug of steaming hot chocolate and I have recently found the most divine hot chocolate drink.

 Waitrose is selling Gu Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate drink on offer at £1.49 instead of £1.99 a carton. They have just Hot Chocolate and Mocha flavours too. I had bought it for my nephew and niece to drink but with all the fizzy drinks I had bought they were more interesed in those than the hot chocolate so it was just asking to be drunk by me. Heated in the microwave for a couple of minutes with mini marshmallows floating on the top, what could be more heavenly for a Sunday afternoon?.






I think it is so important to relax and spend time doing nothing in this busy world. Enjoy!!.

No comments: