Pages

Sunday 23 July 2017

Recent Highlights

My recent carboot finds include another Jo Malone item. This time it is a large bottle of Blackberry & Bay body lotion in a box complete with its bag. These usually sell at £40 at Jo Malone shops and concessions. I bought this for £20 which is more than I would have liked to have paid but it is still half price.



I saw one of my favourite sellers who had lots of Liz Earle products such as the hot cloth cleanser and body scrub but I passed on these buying instead two bottles of the newly released Botanical Essence No.9 Eau de Parfum for £15 each. These currently cost £54 a bottle so an excellent saving for me. I will be keeping one bottle for myself and one will be put away as a gift for someone at Christmas.




I bought two scarves which I assume are both copies as they cost me just £2. One is a Chanel square in green and gold - very 1980s. I'm not sure whether I will wear this around my neck or tie it to a handbag handle but I loved it for the price. The stall holder was a lovely and very glamourous lady. The second scarf is a long oblong one in red and black - a little gaudy but it should cheer up a black coat in the winter. This is a Louis Vuitton style scarf.




I loved these two Starbucks mugs in cream with a subtle Siren logo. These are a decent size for a cup of coffee, more a mug size so perfect for myself and David who like a large hot drink - none of those little cups for us. I looked these up on line when I got home and found that they have a G embossed on the handle to show they are size Grande. Others have a V for Venti etc. These cost £1 each. When I looked them up on eBay they were up for sale between £3.99 (plus postage) to £36.18 each.


On the pottery front I also bought this Mason's Christmas Village dish shaped like a Christmas tree for £1. I have one of these already and use it (obviously at Christmas) for serving nuts or chocolate truffles on.


I bought my usual selection of DVDs and all of these were 50p each from different stall holders. I've had a major clearout of my DVDs over the last week as they were starting to take over the dining room. I have a huge box full to sell on eBay now but as you can imagine I have got a little distracted with some of them and want to watch some again before I sell them.


I haven't listed any new items on eBay since May which is bad because I have dozens of items in my dining room ready to be listed and got rid of freeing up some space in my home. The dining room is suffering from some major clutter so I need to get a wriggle on and get listing. Having said that I still have quite a few items listed anyway and have sold 5 items in the last week.

I watched one of those recent shopping programmes with Greg Wallace where he looked at the changes in the way we shop, such as more people choosing to shop at Lidl & Aldi and visit less the standard supermarkets such as Tesco and Sainsburys. I realised that although I no longer visit Tesco and Sainsburys I have changed to shopping to both extremes of the price range. My go to places are Marks & Spencer and Waitrose but also I visit B&M too, which is unbelievably cheap.

I find that the expensive supermarkets have major reductions towards the end of the day so I buy most of my fresh meat, fruit, vegetables and bread from these shops. I make some brilliant savings. I also visit the local B&M which is less than a mile away from Waitrose to buy household items such as laundry wash, fabric conditioner but also cat food, tinned food and wine.

My recent bargains in Waitrose included this beauty haul of Garnier facial moisturiser reduced from £13 a jar to £4.55 (I bought four jars); L'oreal facial oil (great as a night cream) reduced from £10 to £3.49 and two bottles of L'oreal facial oil cleanser reduced from £6 to £1.99 each. Now these prices are cheaper than B&M prices.






No comments: