Pages

Saturday 15 July 2017

Last Sundays Carboot Finds

I seem to have been so busy recently that I am behind on my postings. Here are the details of last Sunday's carboot finds. I have been trying to be a little more selective on my purchases so have not bought as much as I do normally but what I did buy I was delighted with.

I found a Jo Malone reed diffuser for £10. Now this is empty with all the scented oil used up but I though I could buy any oil that I fancied and put it in the empty bottle for fragrance. The reed diffusers normally cost £62 and there was no way that I would pay this amount but I like the bottle and reeds as I think it looks classy so I splashed out £10 as a treat - or rather David did as a gift for me.



I also bought this gorgeous black quilted throw for my bed. It is huge and covers my superking bed beautifully. It has heavy beading to the sides as a fringe and will be lovely and snugly in the winter while adding a little bit of glamour. This is from Marks & Spencers and cost £5. It matches the black lampshades on my bedside cabinets.



The last thing I bought for the home was a Camembert cooking dish. You pop a Camembert cheese in it whole and warm it through in the oven. Once hot you take the lid off it, cut a hole in the rind and then use it as a dip with breadsticks, crudités etc. I have a couple of these already but at 50p who could resist getting another one that matches them and aiming for a set of four?

I bought lots of other items from the bedspread stall holder. I bought this M&S swimsuit for just £2 and am so pleased as it is in the same style as some others that I have that fit perfectly. This swimsuit is new and unused.


This lovely navy Longchamp bag which is the large size. This cost me just £1.50. I have the small size bag in black and wish that this was also black to match but navy is a good colour and I'm not going to complain at £1.50.


I also bought some little bits and bobs from her. These lovely nail files with Breakfast at Tiffanys, Audrey Hepburn cat design. They were 10p a pack. There were the glass cleaning cloths with Lady Gaga cat design for 20p each and 50p each for the Amy Winehouse back to cat motif bags and purses. The nail files and glass cloths are for myself and the bags and purses are for my sister and niece as stocking fillers.





I bought my usual selection of magazines for 20p each and from the same lady a new Soap & Glory bath puff. I use this particular brand of bath puff all the time and just buy them whenever I see them on carboot sales so I have a stock of them to use when the one I am using starts to look a little sad. This one cost me 50p - the going rate for them.


I bought some DVDs priced between 20p and 50p and one fairly newly released one for £1. I seem to rarely watch proper TV these days and just have a few DVDs ready to watch in the evening. 

No comments: