Pages

Sunday 4 June 2017

Missing

Okay, so I know I've been away for a couple of weeks Missing. I hope you will forgive me and maybe if I explain why it may help you to forgive me. I work for one of the emergency services in Manchester and given recent events my work schedule changed and I didn't seem to have the same amount of spare time to write my blog as I usually do. I was scheduled to work this weekend but was stood down late on Friday and so have managed to catch up on things a little. So I will finish off all my drafts from the last two weeks and post them all over the next few days.

We managed to get to the Cheshire carboot sale this weekend and here are my finds:

I have very thick and wavy hair that takes a lot of drying and straightening. Through trial and error I have found a hairbrush hairdryer that has a high enough power to dry my hair quickly, has a function that fights frizz and has a brush to straighten as I dry. It is a Nicky Clarke model and I usually go through one every 18 months to two years. I usually manage to break the brush attachment as trying to get through my thick hair has ruined quite a few dryers. If I see them on a carboot sale I snap them up as spares and was pleased that I found one for £3.


From the same stall I bought two Leighton Denny nail polishes for 50p each. Saturn Seduction and Supermauva - very wearable colours. Both new and unused. I also found a massive bath bomb for 50p. I usually use these just the once but because this is so big I reckon I will break in half and it will do for two baths.




Two bras for £4 each. I normally buy mine from Marks & Spencer but thought I'd give these a try at this price. The white one fits beautifully but the black one for some reason is not as comfortable so will have to be sold on.


An authentic Michael Kors bag in grey for £2. I think it has been a promotional freebie with an aftershave or perfume but for £2 I think it is a good find and perfect for a gym bag, overnight bag or carry on bag for holidays. 


I also bought a mans Paul Smith dog tag necklace from the same lady for £2. I thought David would like it but he was ambivalent. I checked it over, found it was hall marked silver and then he changed his mind and decided he liked it. I haven't been able to take a photo of it because he is wearing it now  while he has gone to visit a friend.

Four packs of floss action electric toothbrush heads (2 heads in each pack) for my Oral B toothbrush for £6. These usually sell for £17.99 for 4 heads but are currently on offer at £11.99 so my packs should have cost me £23.98 so £6 was a good price.



A large Samonsite Oyster Sport suitcase for my dad for £8. It has a combination lock and keys for the side locks so it's a pretty safe suitcase to use. The seller had wanted £10 but I usually pick these up for around £5 so I knocked him down to £8. David found a grey Samsonsite Oyster suitcase from another seller for £3. It is missing its key to lock it, but he wasn't bothered as he uses them to store items in our loft rather than for holidays.


My usual collection of DVDs which this week were all 50p each. I was amazed to find a double film set of Francis Ford Coppola's films of Koyaanisqatsi & Powaqqatsi for £1. Have you seen either if these films? They are breathtaking and thought provoking films to watch. No words, just music and the most amazing footage. I can't wait for some time on my own to emerse myself in them.



I could not resist this new Boots vintage hairdryer from 1971. It came with a date stamped guarantee and original box and cost me £4. I remembered having my hair dried with one of these when I was a little girl and it taking forever to dry. I used to wriggle to go out and play or watch TV with half dried hair. I'm not suprised it took so long to dry my hair because when I plugged it in at home there is no real drying power to it. That was the way they used to make them.



I bought 4 white bowls and two Starbucks mugs for 25p an item. I have some white bowls already but have got a little tired of them. They are chunky stoneware and a bit too big for cereal and soup and I would rather have something more delicate. These are smaller and more of a china quality.


I already have two of the Starbucks mugs and they go holiday with us when we stay in hotels abroad. Not all hotels provide tea and coffee making facilities in their rooms and being an early riser I find I am gasping for a tea or coffee before breakfast opens in the hotel so I take my own mugs, travel kettle and drinks with me. These are just perfect for the job and I now have a couple of spares in case of breakage.


My last buy was a huge bowl full of travel sized toiletries for £1 for the lot. The lady just wanted rid of everything as she was moving. There is a real mixture of brands from Crabtree & Evelyn, L'Occitane and Lancome to some generic hotel makes. Handy for holidays and weekends away.


On Saturday we had visited B&M bargains for cat food. It is cheaper in there than most shops for the brand that my PG likes. As I approached the till, the manager came over and told me that she had three bins full of clearance items with everything costing 10p. I had a rummage and found two pairs of sandals for my nephew and 4 multi packs of briefs. Well not exactly briefs more like big knickers but at 10p for four pairs I thought these would be good for days when you need big knickers so I bought them all. Some for me and some for my sister. David was bought Minion boxer shorts and a Minion T shirt. I think at 58 he may be a little old for Minion clothing but at 10p an item he can wear them at home. I've not taken photos of these to save his blushes.



I also found those lavender wheat heaters to relief aches and pains for 10p each. I bought a few of these as little stocking fillers for the family for Christmas .


More posts to follow and I will feel better when I am all caught up with my blog. Thanks for reading. 


No comments: