Pages

Saturday 10 June 2017

Bank Holiday Monday Carboot Finds

I wish I could get a decent nights sleep. It seems an impossibility for me. I was awake at 4.36am the last Bank Holiday Monday morning. Wide awake with no chance of dropping off again. It seems to be getting worse as I get older but on the up side I manage to cram more into each day through my lack of sleep. Is it a middle aged woman thing?

Because I was awake early we got to the carboot sale early. My first purchase of the day was a tray of eight white geraniums for £12. These look beautiful planted alongside the tray of white cosmos that I bought the previous week. I have decided to go for a white garden this year instead of my mixture of reds and pinks. I am hoping it will give an "elegant and sophisticated" look to my garden. 




I bought two white wicker baskets with white cloth linings for just 50p for the pair. The cloth linings needed a little freshening up although they were not dirty as such but I just like to give everything a thorough clean when I get home. These have been used in one of my kitchen cabinet shelves to store my wax melts. What do you think of these Glade wax melts in Pumpkin Spice at just 50p a pack?



I found a dark grey throw which was originally from IKEA and which matches one I have already. This was £2 and will make a change from the cream ones that I currently have on my settees. I'll put this away and use it towards Autumn/Winter time as I think it is a little too somber for Summer. 


I found another box of Yankee Candle tealights in a scrummy Vanilla Cupcake scent for £1. These are currently £6.99 in the shops so a real bargain. 

I love Laura Mercier body soufflĂ© but I don't like the price. I bought two new jars for £2 each. These are around £22 a jar normally for the 100g jars. These both smell heavenly. One is Ambre Vanilla and the other is Almond Coconut Milk. 


David was spending ages looking at one stall so I stood at his side in a trance staring into space and pondering what was in a box on a stall opposite. It looked like some kind of Fitbit activity type tracker. It connects to your phone via Bluetooth and records how many steps you take, what distance you cover, how many calories you eat and buzzes if you slouch to maintain your posture. I ended up chatting with the lady seller and she said I could have it for £3. I reckoned the app that you have to download to use with it would cost a lot and that it was probably a silly waste of £3 after I had bought it. I googled it when I got home and OMG - they cost £80 on line and the app is free!!! Roll on finding out I am lazy, slouch too much and eat too many calories. I hope it tells me off and makes me a skinny fitness freak before my next holiday.


I bought three items from one chap who was selling a lot of ladies make-up and accessories. I bought a boxed set of five OPI nail varnishes for 50p, a Leighton Denny varnish for 50p and a travel pillow (great for on planes) for £1. After I had bought them he told me that he recently lost his wife and was selling all her belongings, selling his home and starting afresh. He said he would never get over losing her but day by day he was getting better. It is amazing the conversations I have with some of the sellers. I'm told that I have one of those faces that people just start talking to me and tell me anything and everything.

Three magazines for 20p each August & October 2016 and February 2017.

Three travel size Soap & Glory items for £1 for all three. I love these and find they are just the perfect size for a weekend away.



My usual load of DVDs for 20p to 50p each. When I have had enough of these I bundle them up into about a batch of about 10 and sell them as a job lot on eBay. Two of these DVDs have never been opened and are still wrapped in their cellophane. I am slowing working my way through the recent bundles that I have bought and am really enjoying watching the boxed sets of series 1 and 2 of Blacklist.


Eight tins of spiced tuna - best before December 2017 for £2. These will be great for lunches as sandwiches or with salad. I am always on the look out for interesting lunches as it can become so boring having the same old sandwiches say after day.


A Williamson Tea caddy for 50p. I have four of these now and love that they all have elephants on them. I buy these whenever I see them on carboot sales with or without the tea. They fit nicely on my top pantry shelf and I use them as storage for sweetener & sugar sachets.





No comments: