Pages

Monday 20 March 2017

Table Top Sale Finds

The local girls grammar school had another table top sale on Sunday morning two weeks ago and David and I were there before it opened at the back of a long queue. From experience we know you have to be there early to find anything decent as most good items get sold within the first 30 minutes or so.

Here is what I bought:

A large Yankee Candle jar in Mango & Peach Salsa at £5. This smells pretty good and will be lovely to use during the summer months for a fresh fruity fragrance in the lounge. I change candle scents according to the seasons and love a fruit fragrance during the summer months. 


Two pairs of fancy brand shoes. A pair of navy and metallic Fitflops sandals for £2. These look as though they have never been worn. I don't need any more sandals but could not resist these at the £2 price tag.


From the same lady I also bought these black leather Geox Respira loafers for £3. These are a fabulous pair of useful shoes and a great price. These look as though they have been worn once or twice and are in excellent condition.


A Dawn French hard backed book which will be going on holiday with me in a couple of weeks time. This was £1 which is a bit more than I usually pay for a novel but it is a hardback so I went with this price. It will have to go in hand luggage rather than my suitcase weighing a bit more than a paperback. I know people use kindles these days but I love the feel of paper and turning the pages. We are both nostalgic and never got rid of our record players, albums and singles and now feel a teensy bit smug now that "vinyl" is back in fashion. Now I am just waiting for VHS to make a comeback as we have numerous video players in the loft along with all our tapes.


A brand new toiletry bag tube of Soap & Glory lip glosses for £5. This contains 4 glosses in very wearable shades and will be saved for a gift for my niece as she is a real Soap & Glory fan.



A lovely M&S top for my sister for £2. We often buy each other things which we think will be liked and if they are a good price. I didn't get round to taking a photo of this before she called round and snaffled it up so no pics I'm afraid.

David bought a new Morphy Richards electric blanket for our bed for £2. I am not an electric blanket fan but David loves to switch one on for an hour or so before he goes to bed so that he gets into a warm bed at night. We have one already but as we have a superking sized bed it does not cover the whole bed so we now have two which sit side by side and there are switches on either side of the bed for us to have one each.

He also bought three framed James Bond posters for £13. They are just prints as the originals would have cost £hundreds but he liked them. He is going to paint the frames black and put them up in his man cave (our smaller spare bedroom) which he is currently in the process of decorating.

Well that was pretty much it for the day - it was a fairly small sale and the poor weather meant it was all held indoors so not that many stalls but we still did fairly well.


No comments: