Pages

Monday 20 February 2017

Ebay Sales

I have been feeling a little overwhelmed with the task in hand of getting rid of my clutter via eBay. Part of me thinks it would be easier to just bin the unwanted items but I can't stand the thought of the discarded items going into landfill. I have thought about charity donations but I already give a fair bit to charities via direct debit and cash donations. My frugal side knows that there is money to be made by selling my "stuff" and I just have to be patient. I feel this inner turmoil every weekend when I would like to be relaxing but end up spending hours sorting through everything and washing and ironing clothes to photograph and list. I just need to be patient. 

I sold eight items these last week which were mainly clothes that I no longer loved or no longer fitted me. I spent most of Sunday listing 20 items of clothing while watching the TV. Not a great way to spend a day but as 4 items sold fairly quickly it was rewarding. I just need to be patient and know that I am in for the long haul.






One of the downsides of selling on eBay is sometimes items get lost in the post or become damaged in transit. 99% of the time the customers are lovely about it and I apologise and we come to an agreement or I arrange a refund. Luckily they are very few and far between. There is however that 1% of people who are just plain obnoxious and rude. I had one this week. I will refund her as she has said the item hasn't arrived (although I suspect she has it) and she took out a case with eBay 6 days after I had posted it and before I had chance to respond to her. She has sent me the most patronising and arrogant emails that I have ever received from a customer which were totally unnecessary as I had already said I would refund her. I would love to name and shame her but I am too much of a lady. I was going to refund straight away but after receiving her emails and in silent protest I am waiting until the last possible minute to refund her.

I have started reading a blog recommended to me by one of my lovely readers, Dee, over the last few weeks.  The one post on the blog that held my attention was one on wardrobe reorganisation which spurred me on to clearing out my own wardrobe. She recommended those thin flat coat hangers which have a velvet finish. These stop your clothes falling off the hangers (doesn't that always happen?) and take up less wardrobe space. The blogger recommended buying the hangers off eBay but when I used the link I thought they were too pricey at £50 for 100 hangers. I went to Costco this week and they were selling 50 of the same coat hangers for just over £10 so I bought a box.



I thought 50 hangers would be plenty. What a shock I had to find there were not enough for my wardrobe. I counted and found that I had 19 pairs of trousers and jeans alone so that left 31 hangers for tops, dresses and jackets etc. Not enough. I think I need to buy another box of hangers. Swopping my clothes over onto the new hangers led me to have a wardrobe clearout and left me with even more to sell on eBay.


I then ended up clearing through my shoes. I found I have 9 pairs of Birkenstock sandals and 9 pairs of Fitflops ...hmm.... I can't part with these as some are new and I only just bought them last month but who needs 18 pairs of sandals? No wonder our house is full. I found 5 pairs of shoes to sell which were mainly high heels. I struggle with high heels these days although I can manage a heel of around an inch to inch and a half.



I think the clearout is going to take me a long time and I need to be tenacious to get it all done.. I treated myself to a Dolce Gusto hot chocolate and a mini two pack of Oreos as sustenance as I listed loads of items the other day. It was also a reward for doing a task that is starting to take a lot longer than I thought.


No comments: