Pages

Sunday 25 January 2015

Last of the January Sales

I am sure that I am like most of you and have plenty of clothes but sometimes it can be wise to spend a little when the end of the January sales are on and where you can save a lot. Marks & Spencer has had a fairly good sale and from my previous posts you will know that I am a lover of their plus size range. They have had a number of items half price or even buy one and get one half price on their sale items.

I decided that I would buy a more formal style coat to wear to work and I was getting fed up with plain black so was delighted to find this patterned coat reduced in the sale. It is a formal double breasted style but the material and pattern make it a little more modern and great to wear over a suit for work or over jeans at the weekend. This should have cost £99 but I paid a little over half this amount.




I also bought a jacket style cardigan which looks great with black trousers and top and I found an unworn necklace in my cupboard that matches perfectly. I wore this outfit to work last week and got some compliments. My final clothing purchase was this lovely loose top which will be great for an evening outfit throughout the year. I got these reduced and buy one get one half price. The two items together cost just under £30 but should have cost more than double this amount.





I called in at one of the large Tesco stores which is on my way home from work on Thursday to buy just a few groceries such as bread and milk. I am managing to keep to my reduced grocery budget - only just - and have been using many items from my pantry and freezers. Anyway, more on this in a later post. When I was in Tescos I saw large boxes of 6 luxury crackers at £1 which is a bargain so I bought 4 boxes. They are silver which matches my Christmas table as I always go for silver and white. They had other boxes of luxury crackers at 50p but they were much smaller and very bright colours - shocking pinks, reds and gold stripes. They looked lovely but just not right for my table so I passed on these and just kept to the silver crackers.





I also found two boxes of cute felt Christmas Tree decorations which were not priced at all so I thought I would ask the price when I got to the till - 10p!! What a bargain. I think these are so cute with the red ribbon and heart button detailing on the front. These will be given pride of place on my Christmas Tree later this year.  I also found seven boxes of craft projects to make your own felt fairy for hanging on your tree or anywhere else you fancy. These were priced at 10p each so I scooped them all up and now have some crafting to keep me busy in the evenings. I am going to make these now rather than wait until near Christmas as I know I will not have the time to make them as I will be busy getting everything else ready for Christmas.














I am sure that you will have also found some last of the January sales bargains. Let me know what you have found.

No comments: