Pages

Sunday 9 October 2016

Car booting Again

So earlier this week I posted about buying a Molton Brown cracker and getting some freebies with it via an offer with Good Housekerping magazine. The cracker cost £20 and I got a £10 body wash free plus a couple of other things. Well today the first stall I stop at on the Cheshire Carboot sale has an identical Molton Brown cracker on the table. It cost me £1. That is why I buy items from Carboot sales.


It was sunny and so busy and I bought quite a few things today. Many just bits and pieces but still some good items. Here is what I bought.

A large 100ml new bottle of Clinique Aromatics in White perfume for £20. This usually cost £80 so a great £60 savings. The lady selling this had quite a few Clinique perfumes and makeup so I guessed worked for them. This perfume smells so fresh and light. Lovely for next summer.


A bottle of Philosophy Amazing Grace shampoo, bath & shower gel for £1. This is usually around the £18 mark. 



Space NK eyeshadow brush priced at £18 for £1. Nails inc nail varnish in a grey pearlised shade called Covent Garden Ballet for 50p. A Leighton Denny nail varnish in a deep plum called Saturn Seduction for 30p.







Two packs of Wax Lyrical jelly belly tea lights in Toasted Marshmallow for £1.50 each. These usually cost between £4 - £5.50 a pack so another bargain. They smell good enough to eat and I love warm toasty smelling candles in the evening as we head towards winter.


A lovely wrapped gift pack containing a full sized tub of Soap & Glory righteous body butter for £1. These are generally £8.


A very chic new silk scarf for £2 which came complete with tags and labels. I think this will be used as a gift for someone.


Another Bomb Cosmetics bath bombs for £1 in bombjamin button scent. This came in a lovely floral gift box with tissue paper. These are usually £2.99 and I love them.


10 sample sets from Estée Lauder etc for £1. I picked out nearly all facial serums as these are great for putting in my weekend away toiletry bags.


A PRADA crossover black bag for just £2. I guess this has come free with some perfume or aftershave. I bought this for David to take with him to New York as it is lightweight but just a great size for sightseeing. I haven't been able to take a photo as he has whisked it away into his man cave.

A pair of worn once black boots from River Island. These were £10 and the lady said she had paid £40 for them but decided to sell them as she just has too much stuff. I like these boots but when I got them home I realised they are not made from leather but synthetic. They are lovely boots, look great on and are comfortable but I struggle with synthetic material so I guess I will be selling these on. I'll see if my sister wants to buy them from me first.



A gorgeous metal light up sign that spells LOVE for my niece for just £1.50. I thought this would look good propped up on her desk in her halls of residence room at uni.


A huge selection of DVDs and new, sealed DVD boxed sets. The boxed sets cost £2 and the single ones were 3 for £1.







I also bought some naughty food from one stall. Large box of Thorntons chocolates for £2 (still in date) and 6 packs of limited edition m&ms for £2. These will be stocking fillers.



No comments: