Pages

Tuesday 25 October 2016

Another Carboot Haul

I didn't sleep well at all Saturday night. In fact I haven't slept well for weeks, so it was with a heavy heart that I hauled myself out of bed in a bad mood Sunday morning. I didn't want to go to the Carboot sale but David forced me. I was monosyllabic in the car on the way there. I was pleased that I went in the end because the sun came out, there were plenty of stalls and I came home with a real mixed bag of bargains.

Here's what I bought:

A pair of black suede Footglove ballet flats which have been worn just once for £2. From the same stall I bought a Versace parfum backpack that is new and unused for £5 and a Yardley English Daisy perfume gift set for £4. Not a bad haul for just £11.








Two Filofaxes for £1 each. One is leather with the 2017 diary sections included inside. The zipper tag has come astray but for £1 I'm not going to complain. I'll get David to "fettle" it and find another tag for it to fit to the zipper pull. This currently costs £80 in John Lewis which is where it had originally been bought from.





Six magazines for 20p each which are all dated this year from April onwards.


Three Marks & Spencer toiletry gift sets for £1 each.




Two designer glasses cases. The GUESS one was 50p complete with cleaning cloth. The Tiffany&Co one was £2. I may use this to store my Tiffany&Co bracelet that David bought for me in the New York store two years ago.





Eight scalloped and embroidered Christmas napkins for £1. I have plenty of white napkins but in my mind you can ever have enough and they seem to get hammered at Christmas. I've used some on Christmas Day and had to wash them overnight for using on Boxing Day. I love white and silver for my dining table as I think it looks simple but smart.



A James Martin handheld blender, complete with all attachments for just £1. From the same lady I bought this fabulous huge soup tureen for £1 and this medium sized white bowl, which is handy as a mixing bowl or for fruit for just 50p.






Four Le Creuset ramekins in blue for just £2. I have for of these already but usually cater for up to 7/8 people so have not had enough of these to serve soufflés in before now. These can be extortionately expensive at up to £9 for each ramekin so I'm pleased with this buy. My sister bought me the other four as a gift. She'll be delighted when I finally serve her a starter in one. I love that they are blue as they match my Le Creuset pans.

An Ann Harvey black skirt for 75p and a Marks & Spencer tunic from the same lady for also 75p.


A Marks & Spencer navy blue linen shirt for my dad for £3 and a Peter Storm waterproof jacket for just £2. A couple of stocking fillers for him to add to some shop bought gifts. I've pretty much finished my Christmas shopping now. I hate all that last minute rushing around paying over the odds for gifts brought out just for Christmas.





My usual selection of DVDs which range from a 16 disc boxed set of Sherlock Holmes played by the late Jeremy Brett for £3 to BBC Torchwood and a mixture of films at 10p each. The criminal minds box sets were £1 each.





From the 10p DVD lady I bought this cute sealed pot of L'Occitane Hydra Vita Gel for 40p. This is an 8ml pot and the standard 50ml pot is £32. I worked out that my 40p pot should have cost £5.12..... I know I'm sad to have worked out the cost.



How did you do with your Carboot haul this weekend?

No comments: