Pages

Saturday 5 September 2015

Magazine Freebies

I am a sucker for magazines but these days they cost so much at around £4 each. I have been buying magazines mainly from carboot sales this last couple of years. Usually I can get them just a month old and I am not bothered that someone else has read them first. Plus they cost around 20p to 50p each rather than £4 which means I can get a lot more bang for my buck.



Today I could not resist buying four new magazines which has been out of character for me. These were the excuses I gave myself:
  • I had a £12 off a £60 shop at Sainsbury's which I guessed meant my magazines were free. 
  • Three of the magazines had freebies with them
  • If I bought two magazines I got £2 off the price
  • Because I bought the smaller sized Marie Claire magazine it cost £2.50 instead of £3.99

The freebies I got were just fabulous. I got a full sized Neal's Yard body moisturiser called Bee Lovely with the Instyle magazine. This contains organic honey and orange essential oil. It is sealed but I know that once I open it that it will smell divine.

There was a black Organic Glam full sized mascara with the Red magazine worth £19.50 which is already in my make-up bag because my other mascara was just starting to dry up.


There was a choice of three Balance Me products with Marie Claire. There was a face wash, hand cream or face cream. I plumped for the face cream as it can be used day or night. 

I bought the Woman & Home magazine because it is one of my favourite magazines and it was in the "buy 2 save £2" offer. 

I flicked through the magazines without reading them to pull out the samples in them and found two L'oreal shampoos, a Body Shop facial oil, foundation and Givenchy perfume sachet. These have been popped into my weekend bag for using next weekend when we go away with family.

Not bad pickings and I still have the magazines to read.

No comments: